Well, this week it rained, rained and rained some more. I LOVED IT. I love the rain so much. I love the cold and I love the fall, my favorite time of year. I sure hope that the heat is gone and that it starts to cool down, even though I'm in a biking area. I love the cold weather that comes before and after a storm. This week has been nice.
So, FUNNY STORY. Remember how I cut my foot really bad in May when we had that big flood? Well, I guess it's just my luck that when it rains and we have flood warnings I cut my feet. This week, my bike cut my right leg. It was pretty deep, but not very long. I LUCKILY didn't have to get stitches ... just had to use a couple of butterfly bandages and call it good. It was quite the adventure. I was dripping blood all over Walgreens ... WHOOPS.We also went to a wedding this week and it was Hna. Widdison's first time being exposed to the BAILE DEL DOLAR! Ja, ja, ja, that was fun. (: We're really good friends with the investigator who got married. We got special permission to go!
AND ... we got sooooo soaked this week from trying to proselyte in the rain. So once we were wet, we just kept getting wet, so we jumped in puddles. That was fun, I felt like a kid again. Love THIS WEATHER SO MUCH!
We also visited with our less-active member, Melvin, this week. He got here 2 months ago and has never opened up to the missionaries, but lately, because we've been playing soccer with him, he has opened up SO MUCH and let us come by to see him. He shared with us his story of how he got to the United States and it really brought the Spirit. He has a really strong testimony, but is just held back because of the mistakes he's made and we testified a lot about the Atonement and how it can erase all the errors and make him clean again. It was really powerful and he appreciated it so much. He texted us Saturday night and told us that we're his best friends. He thanked us for helping him and being there for him. It was the nicest text. We told him that it doesn't matter what he's done, that we, as representatives of Christ, will ALWAYS be there for him. He came to church on Sunday. He's so cool!
Also, this week I've been thinking a lot about how selfish we can be when we keep our mouths shut about the Gospel. I know sharing the Gospel can be scary, but I always think about the people we pass by who we don't talk to and how they'll ask us after this life why we didn't share the Gospel with them. Obispo shared a really good example of this yesterday in Sacrament Meeting when he spoke about Cain and Abel. He mentioned that Cain killed Abel and when the Lord asks Cain, "Where is Abel thy brother?" and he said, I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper?" The bishop said that YES, we are our brother's keeper and at the day of judgement, we'll be held accountable for the opportunities we had to share the Gospel and we chose not to. I thought about this a lot this week and on our way to English class we took the bus and I sat next to a man. He wasn't Hispanic, but he was reading a book and he looked so nice. I thought about sharing the Gospel with him, but then I hesitated ... It kept coming into my mind and I thought about how selfish I would be to not share it with him. So, I asked him if he liked to read and he said yes, so I told him that I had a book that Christ would like him to read. Turns out, he's been to church, he's not a member, but he has friends that are and it sparked his interest. We had to get off, but we left him with the church materials and he was reading by the time the bus drove away. It was really cool for me to have been taught that by the Spirit. I encourage all of you to share the Gospel at every opportunity, full-time missionary or not. It's your calling.
Also, I invite you all to read Alma 24 and how the righteous Lamanites decided to bury their weapons of war. What weapons of war can you bury this week? Or have you already? I learned that sometimes we bury our weapons, but we leave a little part of them showing so we know where they are ... or maybe we leave an "x marks the spot" so we can find them. What do you need to change in your life and how can you bury it DEEPLY to the point where you cannot find it anymore?
I love the mission.
I LOVE THE LORD'S WORK.
Have a great week.
Hermana Sánchez
No comments:
Post a Comment