Monday, October 12, 2015

3 Is A Party!

This week was an adventure, but what week isn't an adventure? Honestly, ups and downs all around, but it's the best.

We had an awesome lesson this week with our investigator, Maira. We have been teaching her English lately, but we asked her if we could share a spiritual lesson with her after we teach her English and she said yes! So this last visit, we decided we were going to share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel and it was probably the best Restoration lesson I've ever taught on my mission. During the part of the first vision, she was rubbing her arms because she had the chills and she just kept dropping her jaw in unbelief! She's amazing! She accepted baptism for her and her daughter, Allison. Unfortunately, she couldn't come to church because she got called into work, but tonight we have another lesson with her and with a member, so it should be really good!! We're so excited. She's like our best friend. Every time we're over at her house, we have the best time. She's so special to us and we just found her a couple weeks back putting up English flyers and she ended up calling us asking us to come over! It was so cool. Pray for her to progress in English and the Gospel!

We had exchanges this week and Hermana Widdison went to Mapelwood and I stayed in my area with two other sisters. Sister Coca who's on her 2nd transfer, so she is still new and Sister Lynn who's a sister from Nauvoo! They leave Nauvoo during the down time, which is usually winter, and they go to other missions to do proselyting and to get the experience! She will be here for 6 months and I got to be with her for her first day! She had never ridden a bike on her mission, let alone in HOUSTON! It was so crazy. There were 3 of us on bikes riding in downtown Houston. It was really crazy. I just told them to follow right behind me. Poor thing. She was exhausted after our day, but she pushed through! I was so proud of her! #BikingAreas. We had so much fun.

The three of us went to visit our other investigator, Norma. We hadn't seen her for a little while, but we went and we taught her the Restoration and she LOVED it. She understood it all so perfectly. She asked the BEST questions about the Priesthood and we read her the scripture in Ezequiel about the two sticks and he was silent. I asked her if she had a question ... she said no and that she was surprised because she had never been taught that scripture before that clearly testifies about the Book of Mormon! She accepted a date and it was awesome. She really wants to come to church, but her back is so bad. She has a really bad herniated disk because she fell 6 feet while at work, so she's trying to heal, but wants to be baptized. It was incredible. The Lord is blessing us so much. We're just trying so hard to do this work how He wants it done!

We also taught Angel again this week. He's sooooooo close it KILLS me! He still wont accept a baptismal date because he doesn't "know what happens in the temple" ... he says things like, "How can I get baptized if you sisters wont tell me what you do in the temple?" We keep telling him it's something so sacred and like babies, they can't eat meat before drinking milk, but he just wont let that go. So this week we're going to teach him about temple and family history. We really hope that will help him. He was at church yesterday and he's just SO MORMON, but he's just scared to take that beginning step to salvation. Pray for him, too. He needs it so much!
This week was great. I got sick this week, but it's getting better now. I couldn't stay inside because I just wanted to work, so we went. I love Houston!! We're doing so good. Transfer calls are next Monday! Already, I know! Time flies.

I love y'all!
Hermana Sánchez

--
Sister Sanchez

Biking with hot chocolate! 

My compa! 

ZEUS!

Graffiti wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment