Monday, October 19, 2015

Miracles X100

So this week didn't exist. Ha, ha. I only say that because it went by SO FAST. I've never had a week go by so fast or a transfer at that. We got transfer calls today and I will be staying with Hermana Widdison for another transfer, my 10th transfer in the mission. Oh, how the time flies. :( We're excited to still be companions. We have a lot of work that we started and a lot of work to finish that we're going to keep going! It's been a great time of learning, teaching and fun. I love her tons.

We went to the temple as a mission this week. It was a really special temple trip for me because I had a lot of specific questions that I needed specific answers to and I was able to get them. It was really special. I cried a lot in the temple this time, more than I ever have before because the Spirit was so strong ... (the tissues in the celestial room wouldn't come out properly ... ha, ha, ha) It was just incredible. I've never felt God's love as much as I did that day and it was really something I was searching for. It was just more than I had asked for and I thank my Heavenly Father for hearing my prayers and giving me the guidance I was looking for. I love mission temple trips. We learn so much together. There were a lot of pictures posted on our mission Facebook page called THSM Mission, I think... search that, it should pop up.

Wednesday we played soccer and IT WAS SO FUN! Last week, we were teaching Angel in the Michoacana and after our lesson, there was a girl sitting at one of the tables by herself with soccer pants on. I approached her and asked her if she played soccer and she said yes, so we invited her to come on Saturday. Normally, those attempts are hit or miss, but when Wednesday of this week came around, she called and she came with 3 OTHER PEOPLE! We invited them all to church. It was soooooo cool that she actually came. We're hoping to start teaching them. Heavenly Father is so cool.

On the way home from soccer we were turning onto our street when this man pulls up behind us on his bike. We always say, "Nice bike!" when we see other people riding so we told him that and he said, "Thanks sisters! What ward are y'all in?" WE STOPPED. "Are you a member?" He said he wasn't but his wife is and they're living across the street from us with some friends because they're struggling to find a place to go where her husband doesn't have to pay full rent because he can't afford it. It was really sad because CPS also took their 4 kids and now they have to find a place to go so they can get them back. WELL, the miracle is that our member, Cristian, has been searching so hard for a roommate for his 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment. HOW COOL IS THAT? We called Cristian and told him and he was so happy. It was soooo perfect. God's hand is sooooo in this work! The wife of the man we met said that before we showed up at their house, she was praying and reading in Revelations where it says that blessings come to the faithful and said soon as she read that we knocked. I was just so blown away. Jaw dropped. So grateful. They're English, so we'll give them to the elders! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. 

We also had an incredible experience last night with an investigator named Noe. One night, a couple of weeks ago, we visited our investigator family we're teaching and after our lesson with them, we were unlocking our bikes and this man walked by. I felt prompted to talk to him, but I didn't. (I know, so bad, I'm still learning) ... LUCKILY, he walked by again, so I said something. And it was awesome. He totally said we could come back. Yesterday was the first time since then that we could actually sit down with him and have a lesson and it was so powerful. He speaks Spanish, but he's more comfortable in English, so we taught the Restoration and he had the most incredible questions. Who took the Priesthood? Is it still here? Which church is the true one? How can I know? What is this book? Ha, ha. He's awesome. He accepted a date and said he would read. His intent is SO REAL. We're excited to pass him off to the English elders so they can teach him. He said that every church he's attended he always gets up and walks out because he knows it's not the right one. It was crazy special.

I can never put into words how amazing the work of the Lord is. I'm so grateful and happy to be here. A year and a half is a sacrifice, but not at the same time because it's changed me more than I could have ever imagined. I cannot wait to keep serving, see my children serve and to continue on the path the Lord has planned.
Life is amazing. 

Sister Sanchez









No comments:

Post a Comment