Monday, October 5, 2015

Edified by The Good Word ... Conference!

We're so ready for Christmas ... we have Christmas-scented candles, everything pumpkin flavored, fuzzy socks, blankets and now we just need the decor .... can it come sooner? Christmas on the mission is the best ... we're so close to breaking out the music, but we'll resist for a couple more weeks. #TheStruggle

Conference was incredible, wasn't it? I just loved every second of it and wish that it would last a whole week. How blessed we are to hear from our prophet and his apostles every 6 months and to hear their voices! That's my favorite part, to hear their sweet voices that they use every day to proclaim what they know to be true. They give everything to teach about Jesus Christ and invite people to come unto Him. I told Heavenly Father yesterday that I want to exhaust myself during my life telling people about Christ. I want to be a witness of Him to all those who I meet. I love sharing what I know to be true and to stand by my testimony and the testimony of others. 

There were so many talks that I loved, but I especially loved the talk by Elder Holland. I had never thought about the divine gift of motherhood in comparison to the Savior and what He had to go through. I feel so honored to eventually go through that one day and even be somewhat of a mother to those whom we're teaching. It's really special as they look to us for the guidance they know they need in their lives. It's such an honor!

We had an AWESOME week. We went on exchanges on Tuesday night to Wednesday night ... and I took over the area for a day! I was so nervous ... I even had a dream that I completely failed, but I prayed so hard that the Lord would help me and that our appointments wouldn't fall through! AND ... none of them did! I was particularly scared because I have only been in this area for 5 weeks ... and we ride bikes ...  so that can be a challenge, but it all went well. We saw Angel and he's doing good. I said something during the lesson that really hit him hard ... I said, " Angel, you're looking for more errors in the Book of Mormon than answers. You're trying everything to prove it wrong, but why not search for things to prove it right?" He was quiet. He's always searching for doubts, but as soon as he searches for answers, that's when the Lord will trust him and give him an answer! He came to conference and he loved it. We're hoping that we can keep teaching him ... if he keeps running in circles, we'll have to drop him, but he's just so amazing!!

We also taught this new family of 4 yesterday. Hna. Widdison found them on the street the other day, so we went to go teach them and they're awesome. We taught the Restoration and the mom, Gina, had SO many questions! She accepted baptism along with her two daughters who are 15 and 10 and then she has a little boy who is almost 2! MIRACLE! She's a single mother because her husband got deported, but she's just so strong. I just can't imagine having to go through that. The faith of these people lift me every day. The Spirit was so tangible, it was awesome. While we were leaving and unlocking our bikes, a man walked by with his little dog and I had the thought to talk to him, but I just ignored it ... then he walked by again and the Spirit told me straight up to talk to him so I did and it was SO GOOD. His name is Noe ... LIKE THE PROPHET and he said that he's been wanting to fix his life. He said he would love for us to come over and chat a little about our message, it's going to be so good.

We also taught Franz this week! He was a referral from a member in New York who called us and told us to go visit his friend. We've been trying and trying and we could never find him at home, but we set an appointment for 7 p.m. on Wednesday and he was there! We brought a member with us, too, and it was just awesome. Spanish just FLOWED and he was absorbing everything so well. He drinks a lot and says that he's far off the path and he doesn't like it. He wants to change and that's all it takes! A desire, just like Alma tells us in the Book of Mormon! A particle of faith and it will change your life! We're so excited. He also accepted baptism and said that he would love to prepare for that day. AHHHHHH. Houston 1 area is incredible. The Lord is so good. Work work, work. That's what it takes.

My calves and thighs are getting stronger! #BikeArea

I love the MISSION. I love it with all my heart. I never want to be anything else. It's the best work. It's the hardest work. It's the most rewarding work. It's completely changed Cassidy. I love how the Savior molds us when we do what He's asked of us. I cannot thank my Father in Heaven enough.

Facts:


  • Riding bikes with hot chocolate IS POSSIBLE. 
  • Have a group of Hispanics sing "Joy to the world" in English. It's the greatest. <3
  • Texas can get cold. CRAZY, I KNOW
  • Everyone thinks I'm from Spain because of my Spanish ... ? Whaaaat?


Love y'all,
Hermana Sánchez

The THSM MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) includes all zone and sister training leaders along with Mission President Hall and the APs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment