Monday, November 2, 2015

His Saving Grace

This week was amazing, really wet and full of meetings. Being a missionary is the best calling in the world!

So to start off, we had a lesson with our investigator, Norma, on Tuesday and we brought two members with us, a mother and a daughter who were previously Catholic (like Norma) and who lost a loved one like Norma, also. They were PERFECT for the lesson. Hna, Madora bore her testimony about the missionaries finding her in Mexico and her conversion at a young age. After she bore her testimony, Norma bore hers! We did not see that one coming. She said that a long time ago, she had missionaries visit her, but because of work, she never had the time necessary to sit down and pay attention. She said they would teach her sometimes, but she never understood or even tried to understand. Then, 10 months ago, she fell and hurt her back and has been stuck at home ever since and, low and behold, Hna. Widdison and I show up and she has time! She testified that she knows her accident happened so she would have the time to sit down and actually listen to our message. WHO SAYS THAT? We were so blown away that she made that connection and believes it to be true. She's incredible. Then, she said she's received her answer. She said that she has a house in Mexico that she has been praying and trying to get someone to rent and no one has ever wanted to and she really needs it to happen so she'll have the extra money to provide for herself and her husband. Well, she said that right after we left the lesson, she started to pray and ask Heavenly Father if this was the path for her and she said that right after she prayed, she got a call from her mom saying that someone is prepared to rent the home. Norma said this was the answer to her prayer and that she felt like God was telling her "I am here." It was so cool. She wants to be baptized. Please pray for her and her husband who is very Catholic. She hopes that he'll want to be baptized with her. She's also very excited to baptize her daughter in the temple. SHE'S AMAZING!

We carved pumpkins with our members and our less-actives this week! It was SO FUN! Melvin is the less-active and he's slowly, but surely, returning to church. They're so cool. And yes, my pumpkin says "HALA MADRID", best pumpkin ever! We also had the trunk-or-treat on Friday and we were so lucky it didn't rain! It was really fun and there were so many kids and so many cool costumes. Halloween was fun. We had to go in early at 7 p.m., but it was super fun to see all the cute kids! We put candy outside of our door so they could take some. (: 

I had the craziest experience this week, which strengthened my testimony that we're watched so closely by angels. And also strengthened my testimony in patriarchal blessings! Mine promises me that I'll have angels to protect me and this is definitely what happened this week! We did get a lot of rain here and it's hard because we can't bike in the rain ... but this day the rain was really light, so we decided to go biking and there was a puddle that looked pretty shallow, so I rode through it but my companion rode around it because she knows the roads by memory and knows exactly where to bike. Turns out it was a pot hole and my front tire went in pretty deep and the back of my bike flew in the air. I should have fallen on my face and my bike should have flipped over me, but I have no idea how my foot slipped off my bike and I caught myself and I was standing there, with my back tire in the air for what felt like 10 minutes. I know it was an angel or something that stopped my fall. My companion looked back and said that all she saw was my back tire in the air and my face looking down. It was crazy. I have no doubt that we're extra protected as the Lord's missionaries. If I would have fallen, I could have broken my neck, or broken something. That was a miracle. I walked away with wet feet. ¡QuĂ© suerte!

We also taught our new investigator, Russhine. She's awesome. Please pray for her!

Elder Corbridge, a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy, visited our mission this week and he taught us so many incredible things. The one thing that I really loved is how real the Atonement of Jesus Christ is and how His grace IS SUFFICIENT. I never really understood that phrase personally until this week. I feel like I hear people use it all the time, but as I studied it this week, that's when it became a part of me. Jesus Christ is there with us the whole way. Not part way, not towards the end, but the whole way and He can give us the strength to continue on and to overcome qualities we need to change or behaviors we need to adopt. I know He loves us. I know He does.

I hope y'all have an amazing week!!!

P.S. Getting yelled at is so fun!
Sister Sanchez

HALA MADRID




Pumpkin carving!

Gifts from Hna. Widdison's mommy!

Elf!

Halloween face masks!

No comments:

Post a Comment