Monday, September 28, 2015

CHICK-FULL-AÑO!

Angel came to church! That was definitely the biggest miracle of the week. I was praying so hard that he would come to church and that he would actually follow through with his commitment and he did! I sat next to him in Gospel Principles and explained to him about the 70 and why we have them. I also showed him a picture of the prophet. He got really excited for General Conference NEXT WEEK!

I really can't believe that it's already been 6 months since the last conference. It's just insane how fast time flies on the mission. Hna. Widdison and I are so excited to watch and find out who the new apostles are going to be, along with all the new announcements and inspiring talks. Conference is like Christmas to me, I get so giddy and so excited. We already have our pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls ready for baking. (:

The general women's broadcast was so great this weekend. One thing that stood out to me is that one of the speakers said that the Atonement bears no scars. So you know how we get cut and then it heals but we still see it there? (like my cut from the Houston flood, ha, ha) Well with sins, we will NEVER have a scar. As soon as we repent and we stop, it vanishes completely and the Lord forgets! What a wonderful promise! I'm surprised that I had never thought about that before, but it really brought the Spirit and helped me feel forgiven again for the past mistakes that I've made. No matter how far off the path we get, there's always a way back and there will never be a scar. I'm so grateful for the Atonement.

The Astros baseball game was really fun on Wednesday. First, it was SO AWESOME being about to see Sister Schott and Sister McCleery from my old ward. It brought back so many memories! I've only been out of Friendswood for 3 weeks, but it feels like it's been forever. Sister McCleery also called John and I talked to him for a little. That was good. I miss him and Savannah and Fern ... I miss everyone, but I know I'm where the Lord needs me and I LOVE IT. The game was a little long, but it was fun! I felt pretty worldly because we were watching the game from the big screen and there was a bunch of music I had never even heard before, so I was happy to go, but happier to get back into my missionary mode.

I hit my year mark on Thursday ... it was so surreal. I felt like it was my birthday because Hna. Widdison woke up and started singing to me and had some poppers that she popped, ha, ha. It's just so crazy, but this year has saved me and I wouldn't change it for anything. We celebrated by going to Chick-Fil-A, (DUH! My favorite place!) and I got my favorite meal. It was so great. ALSO, that same day, Hna. Widdison got 2 flat tires ... so we REALLY had an adventure. I learned how to change and buy a new bike tube and we had English class. I'm telling you, adventures all over Houston.

I'm proud to say that my body has actually gotten used to waking up at 5:30 and I've mastered running for 30 minutes straight! My companion definitely pushes me and it's so good. I love and appreciate her so much!
We're keepin' on trying to find and spread the Good Word. 

I love this work! 

Sister Sánchez

Celebrating my 1-year missionary anniversary! 


Enjoying the Astros baseball game!

Hna. Sánchez and Hna. Viddison.

Peace!

At the Astros baseball game.



No comments:

Post a Comment