I have been transferred ... to ENGLISH! I am now in
Friendswood, Texas and I love it. It is such a pretty area with SO MANY TREES. It's absolutely incredible. We get fed EVERY NIGHT and it's always so good.
The Lord really blessed me.
I was sad to leave Spanish and the Kemah area, but I know I was needed here! My
new companion is Sister Pace. She only has this transfer left, but she is just so amazing. She is
follow-up training me and we have been having so much fun. She is like the person I want to become! I am so glad the Lord allowed us to be
companions. I have a lot to learn and she has a lot to teach, so it'll be an amazing transfer!
After Sister Pace leaves, I will most likely be taking over the area, so I have to prepare for that and for my new companion! I am excited. It's fun being in a
ward as a missionary and being able to see how everything is run. It's all so organized and ah ... there are no words, I just love it.
This week has been so good. I got to the area on Wednesday after transfer meeting. Sister Pace and I visited quite a few people this week. I have met so many people and I already feel like I have been here forever! I met everyone at church yesterday and I just love them all so much. They have welcomed me so nicely and they're all so hilarious.
The investigator that we're focusing on the most is Shevyn Roberts. She is so hilarious, and has a HUGE testimony of
Jesus Christ and
Heavenly Father. She attended Joe Olsteen's church, who is supposed to be some super awesome preacher. She had decided that she was going to get baptized in his church, then in
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ... HOLD UP, WHAT? I was so confused and clearly she hadn't fully understood the power and necessity of the
PRIESTHOOD. #InvestigatorProblems. So after the lesson, I specifically asked her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if He wanted her to get baptized twice. I pulled out
Matthew 3 and asked her, "How many times did Jesus get baptized?" she replied, "ONCE." EXACTLY! Once with the priesthood authority and never again because other baptisms without the authority are just to go swimming, ha, ha. She said she would pray and texted us the next day saying, "I prayed. I will only be baptized once and the Priesthood is all I need." IT WAS SO COOL. And she just texted us right now saying that she wants to get baptized this Friday ... when her date was for Dec. 6, so she is pretty much being carried by the Lord. It's really cool to see it all happen.
I love where I am and I love being a missionary. I think the holiday season that is quickly approaching will be hard for me because I do miss home and I miss my family, but it's all for the Lord and I know that the time will come when I do get to go home and be with them again. Missions are hard, but the Lord recognizes the effort and sacrifice we're making and He blesses us so much more. I love my God and my Savior. I encourage all of you to pick up James E. Talmage's
"Jesus The Christ" and start reading it. It will change your life.
The Church is true. There is no other way.
My new address is 2223 W. Bay Area Blvd., Apt. #2213, Webster, TX. 77590. Please write me. I love to receive your letters. I will write you back, promise!
I love you all.
Until next week,
SISTER Sanchez (;
 |
| My new companion is Sis. Pace. We're now serving in Friendswood, Texas. |
 |
| Having dinner with one of our new ward's families. |
No comments:
Post a Comment