Monday, November 17, 2014

A Change Of Heart And Appetite!

Hello everyone! How is everything going back home? Texas is just amazing as usual. This week was filled with so much laughter and success! We have had a good week and it's because we have been working really hard so the Lord is really blessing us. 

First off, Adolfo was baptized yesterday. It was one of the sweetest experiences of my life. He was so ready and he received an answer confirming his readiness. He feels at home and yesterday, after his baptism, he told us, "I feel amazing. It's an indescribable feeling." Hermana Huntsman and I felt so good. There are no words to describe the feeling of helping the Savior bring other people to the Gospel? Remember that day when we met like 10 teenagers randomly because we acted upon the prompting to talk to an older man who wasn't interested? Well because of that prompting we meet the teenagers and, out of all of them, Adolfo was baptized. He has changed his life in the short three weeks that we have known him and he has also changed ours. He is so excited to receive the Priesthood and to go to the temple so soon. It has been one of the best experiences because he has FELT God. He knows and his decision has influenced his friends! His friend Jorell wants to be baptized next week and we're going to see how his friend Edgar feels about baptism. The Lord has blessed us SO much. I love, love, LOVE this work.

We also spoke with Joe this week. On Saturday, we had a lesson with him at the church at 12. We showed him the Restoration film and he enjoyed it and said that he knows that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. We invited him to pray in front of the baptismal font for as long as he needed until he received his answer. He did and prayed for 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. It was so long!! He still didn't feel like he knew after that so we invited him to pray IN the baptismal font. He climbed over the glass on the outside and fell in! IT WAS SO HILARIOUS. He wasn't hurt, and we were all laughing. **NOTE TO SELF: have them go around, ha, ha, ha, ha. But it was good because he felt the Spirit. He received his baptismal interview and he passed, so now we just need to set a date for him and make sure that he's good with all the principles of the Gospel. It was a day that he really needed.

On Friday, we had a scheduled dinner appointment with the Contreras family, so before we went to see them, we stopped at a less-active house and saw his mom who isn't a member of the Church. Her house is covered, inch by inch, with decorations. Hermana Huntsman told me it was called the "eye spy" house. I didn't believe her until I walked in. SWEET GOODNESS! It is covered. I counted eight stuffed deer on the walls. They all have bows! There were TONS of gold statues and things hanging from the ceiling. I couldn't even focus on the lesson because there were so many animals staring at me! We finished the lesson and we were about to leave when she invited us to eat some "taquitos" ...  they add the "ito" to make it sound like the dish will be small ... well, that's NOT how it is. We painfully agreed knowing we were about to get fed in about 20 mins. ... SHE FED US SO MUCH! Chicken, lettuce ... the whole nine yards. We walked out about to throw up. I was gagging and we were laughing. We then drove to Hermana Contreras' house for MORE FOOD! We kept praying that our stomachs would be a little hungry, but there was no way. We ended up "secretly" telling Hermana Contreras that we had just gotten fed by accident and that we only could eat a little ... . She wasn't offended, THANK GOODNESS, but she still fed us a ton. Let's just say that we didn't ever want to eat food again. Ha, ha, ha, ha, the life of a missionary! We texted the elders about what happened and they told us to read 1 Corinthians 10:27 which says, "If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake." WE WERE LAUGHING SO HARD! Then they sent us another scripture. Jeremiah 4:19 which says, "My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war." HA, ha, ha, ha, ha. It was the best thing ever. I love being a missionary.

Well that's it for this week! I will be getting transferred. We got the call this morning, but that's okay because it is what God wants. I will miss Hermana Huntsman so much. We had a good crying session last night. She has become one of my best friends, but I know we will see each other again. I love you all and will update you next week of my new address!

Read, pray, and do the Lord's will. You will be blessed.

LES AMO,

Hermana Sanchez

Adolfo and his baptism! He is so awesome. He's 19!

Our district at district meeting!

I love our companionship!

We had dinner at Hector's house with everyone!

The food Hector made! So delicious!


The Galveston zone hermanas!



No comments:

Post a Comment