Hello! How is everyone doing? I am doing great in my new area. I love Texas. I LOVE Friendswood! It is so beautiful and the people are so amazing. Heavenly Father has really blessed me with an amazing area and companion.
This week went by so fast. I feel like last P-day was yesterday. Time flies on the mission and it's really hard to explain how fast it goes, but it's been good. I am almost at three months! So crazy to me. I feel like I just entered the MTC yesterday. We worked really hard this week and we have so many people to see. The highlights of my week were seeing Shevyn and Aubrey.
Shevyn is just so amazing. She has a ton of faith and I learn something new from her every time we teach her. I have such a testimony that the investigators are perfect for us to teach because we need something from them like they need something from us. Shevyn has been progressing a ton, and she is so ready. Her baptism is this THURSDAY! She passed her interview yesterday and she is so excited. She keeps saying that she is ready to start fresh and progress with the truth. It's amazing to see people change and she always talks about how she knows it to be true because the Holy Ghost has testified to her. It has been such a pleasure teaching her and it will be an even bigger pleasure to see her enter the waters of baptism! God is so good.
We taught Aubrey this week and the first lesson we had was unbelieveable. We all cried. It was us, Aubrey and her friends, Rachel and Rene, who are members. They call our lessons "pillow talk" because we all sit on their bed with blankets and just teach. It's so fun. We have all gotten so close. Aubrey has had a pretty hard life, but she has pushed through it all and still remains strong. She has studied SO many religions but she told us that nothing seems to satisfy her thirst for the truth. We taught her The Restoration and she cried when we shared the First Vision. The Spirit was so strong. It's hard to explain. I had the chills all over and I know that she felt the testimony of the Spirit. She is so interested and she WANTS the truth. She is what we missionaries call a "golden investigator," one who readily accepts the truths after diligently searching for it. We extended a baptismal date on the first lesson, and she accepted! She thrives for a change and she wants to know God and Jesus Christ properly. It has been such a blessing and miracle to have met her and to have the trust of God to teach her. She is progressing and had set a goal to read and study the scriptures every day, it is really amazing to see it unfold in front of my eyes. There are so many prepared people, we just need to be willing and worthy to find them.
This week, Sister Pace and I had a good lesson with Jon and Kim Olivier (recent converts). After our lesson, we were SO tired, but still hyped up about how good the lesson went. We got into bed and talked for a little while, then fell asleep. During the night, I started talking in my sleep and I was testifying of the importance of temples ... I caught myself mid testimony and woke up. I remember saying, "what the heck?"... because I caught myself, it was so weird. So I just brushed it off and was ABOUT to go back to sleep when Sister Pace starts testifying of temples! IT WAS THE WEIRDEST THING OF MY LIFE ... Ha, ha, ha, ha. It was so funny. She then caught herself talking and woke up. I told her what happened and we came to the conclusion that we were TESTIFYING AND TEACHING IN OUR SLEEP! Dedicated missionaries? I think YES! It was awesome, and creepy ... BUT AWESOME! That's when you know that you're working hard. I didn't even know it was possible, but I guess everything is possible with God!
By the way, this season is when EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE feeds the missionaries. I have never eaten so much in my life or received so many leftovers ... I ate like 20 pieces of pie this last week! Okay, maybe not that many, but you know what I mean. Thanksgiving was so fun, though. We visited so many people and it really distracted me from my first holiday away from home. But, yeah ... stretchy skirts are the way to go, hence the blog title. (;
I love this mission. This past week I have really been focusing on giving up my will and I feel so much success. It has been great. Relying on the Lord has been my biggest assets and I am so grateful for my mission and the short two months I have been here. Big thanks to all my family members who have written and emailed me. I appreciate it so much and miss and love you all. You keep me going. Don't stop writing, it's something EVERY missionary looks forward to.
I love you all. I challenge you to find someone for the missionaries. It is a way to give back to Heavenly Father, and it's really not that hard. Not harder than what the Savior had to go through.
Please watch this video put out by the church for this holiday season.
Remember WHO the season is really about.
All my love,
Sister Sanchez
| Apple turkeys! |
| Sister Pace holding a baby! Ahhhhh ... |
| We're so cute! |
| A less-active member let us ride in his 1920 car! |
No comments:
Post a Comment