It's been a great week in Kemah, Texas. Some highs and lows, but overall a good week to be a missionary, an official representative of Jesus Christ.
We went to the temple on Tuesday and it was one of the most amazing sessions I have ever been to in my life. The Spirit, or Holy Ghost, was really strong as we all sat together ... the Lord's army. I really felt loved by my Heavenly Father. I learned a lot more from the Spirit that I hadn't known before and I felt amazing as we left. We got there super early in the morning so we could all go together. The temple president cried a few times and I didn't really know why, but later he told us, "It was spiritually overwhelming to be able to stand in front of you all." I was a part of that group. I felt extremely grateful to be a missionary and to have this sacred calling to testify of the truth to God's precious children that He has entrusted Hermana Huntsman and I with. It was awesome. They also told us that anytime we pray, God gives us his UNDIVIDED attention. It was cool to think about that for a moment and to really remember that He listens, no matter how big or small the prayer is. They taught us that as it says in D&C 103:9, we are "SAVIORS OF MEN," with a little s. We are like Jesus Christ in the sense that we are saving lives. Who else gets to dedicate themselves for 18 months to save lives? No matter how hard the journey, there will always be people thanking us in this life, or after, for saving them. What a blessing.
The Atonement of Jesus Christ doesn't just cover sin, it covers any weakness, bad habit, thought, etc. It covers everything and, without it, we cannot return to live with God. It was a crucial part of God's Plan because He loves us so much. We have to do all that we can to help others understand that there is a way out of suffering, there is a way to make things better.
We taught Adolfo a super powerful lesson with a member Luis. Luis has been through a lot. We prayed and felt Luis could really help Adolfo. The lesson was led by the Spirit. It was so amazing to see and feel the Spirit take over. Adolfo accepted a baptismal date for Nov. 15! Next weekend! He told us, "I don't call myself a Mormon yet, but I know that this is something I want to do." He also told us that the day before we found him, he was searching to find a church to go to. It's really awesome when you can see all the pieces come together. #Blessings!
We taught the Olvera family on Wednesday and brought them dinner! Spaghetti, mom's recipe! Ha, ha. They're a part-member, less-active family. Their daughter, Vianney, has a baptismal date and she LOVES the things she has been learning. The parents don't want to go to Church because they feel guilty for the things they have done in the past, but we really reassured them that we DON'T have to be perfect to go to Church. We all cried because the Spirit was super strong. This family is struggling with their finances right now and somehow we got onto the topic of serving missions. Vianney's mom said that she could see her daughter serving a mission, and immediately, I felt the Spirit prompt me to offer to pay for her mission. She's 9, so it wont be for a while, but I did as I was directed and I offered. Her mom responded with, "Wow, that was exactly what I was just thinking. I don't know how we would pay for it." IT WAS AWESOME. I know that when Vianney goes on her mission, I will be married and somehow The Lord will provide a way. Hermana Huntsman offered to pay, too, so we're going to split it and we promised Heavenly Father that we will do EVERYTHING we can to get that little girl on a mission. She came to church this Sunday, so that's a big start. I love their family.
We also taught Joe this week. He started reading the Book of Mormon on Wednesday and he's already on Jacob! It's pretty sweet. He just needs to open his heart more. He comes to Church with us and always compares it to his Church. He needs to understand that Jesus Christ established this Church and that it's going to be different than his Church because his was created by men! It's so hard for them to understand that. We also explained the Priesthood, and I think he understands it well, we just need to keep working hard on him. He's great, though. He loves God and Jesus Christ. He just needs to realize the truth and receive an answer. Pray for him!
I have lately been obsessed with the phrase, hashtag. I use it all the time! It's so funny. (Mom will understand). We are driving down the street and I will say something like, "I am so tired! Hashtag naptime." Hermana Huntsman just laughs, he, he, he, he. I love it. It's become my thing. So for all you reading this blog, read the Book of Mormon tonight. Hashtag IT'LL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. #YouKnowIt
Hermana Huntsman is the best. We always have so much fun together and we are working hard. She has taught me a lot about how to be the Fourth Missionary and to put things about home behind me. It was hard for me at first, but I feel myself getting better. The mission is amazing. I am so glad to be here and to have her as my trainer. I hope that she knows the amazing person that she is and how much of an influence she has on other people's lives. She really does exemplify Christ and she is a big example to me.
The transfer is over next week and it's crazy how fast time has gone. I am excited to keep moving forward and to keep being a savior (little s), so I can help others return to live with God and to prepare the Earth for the Second Coming of my best friend, our Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all with all my heart and pray for you every day.
Que sigan adelante cada día con Dios. (Go forward each day with God.)
Hermana Sanchez
| God's Army! |
| Tuesday Temple day with one of my missionary companions! |
| Hna. Hunstman and I at the beautiful Houston Texas Temple. |
| Myself with one of our investigators. |
| Chick-fil-A with a note from a worker saying, "Thanks for serving." HOW SWEET! |
| We picked pecans with an investigator! |
No comments:
Post a Comment