How's everyone doing?
This week was great! Every day in the service of the Lord is great, regardless of the obstacles or the hardships. I'm always so grateful to be a missionary. Every morning, putting my name badge on is a really scary experience for me because I can see my name next to the Savior's name and that helps me to remember my purpose and what I have been called to do.
The Lord has been so good to us and I love being able to increase my testimony ever day in the Savior and all that He has done for us and for those that we're teaching.
The Lux family is amazing! We had two really amazing lessons with them this week and they have a desire to change. We know that they're going to be a wonderful family as they progress in coming closer to their Savior and making the necessary changes to have the Spirit more abundantly in their life.
We had a huge soccer activity on Saturday. We played and had a barbecue! The Lux family came. Little Leslie was all geared up ready to play some soccer and Susan played goalie! They're so energetic and loving. We're so happy that they're so desirous to listen and provide their family with the framework of the Gospel. Please pray for them!
This week something awesome happened. Hermana Davis and I were walking our bikes on our way to teach the Lux family ... and as we were walking, a man in his car pulled over and asked us if we were Mormon. We proceeded to tell him that we were and he went crazy! He told us that we were preaching false doctrine. He was rebuking us, shouting so loudly so anyone near us could hear him. He called us all sorts of names. It was terrible. Never on my mission have I had someone go that crazy. I have had Bible bashers and anti-Mormons yell at us, but never someone with so much anger and rage.
Well, I started walking away from this man because I didn't want to cause any problems or be yelled at. Eventually, he drove away, yelled some more and it left us sad, but SO GRATEFUL to have the trust and to teach it. It was Hermana Davis' first time being yelled at like that. She was holding back the tears, so we continued to walk and hoped we could get the Spirit back for our next lesson. Well, as we were waiting for the member to arrive who was going to accompany us to the lesson, a girl walked past us. She stopped when she got to us and said, "Hello." We were so shocked ... really hoping that she wouldn't yell at us, too, and she didn't. She asked us to help her cross the street with her newborn baby! We helped her and got to talking and she was so sweet! She said we could come back and teach her so we did on Friday night and she's so great. A young 18-year-old mom that just happened to be reading a book called "What is the purpose in life? She's incredible! Unfortunately, she just moved out of our area, but we have her information. It really helped my testimony to realize that God puts us exactly where we need to be, regardless of the hardships that happen. I also learned that there's always good to come if we have faith and if we continue to try our best. The Lord is there.
We have some really awesome potentials we're going to try this week and we're hoping to start teaching them.
The Lord has been so good to us. I love my Savior more than I can express in words. I have been reading the scripture this week about the natural man and how it's an enemy to God. As we put off the natural man, through the Atonement, we'll be made strong. I also love the scripture that talks about weaknesses in Ether 12:27. It says that as we COME UNTO THE SAVIOR, He'll show us our weaknesses. So as we recognize our weaknesses, we can have the confidence to know that we're coming unto the Savior.
Hope y'all are so good. Life is so GOOD!
Mormons have always been the target of religious persecution because some people willfully close their minds to what their spirit knows to be true.
ReplyDeleteMormons have always been the target of religious persecution because some people willfully close their minds to what their spirit knows to be true.
ReplyDelete