How's everyone doing?
Texas is amazing! This week was incredible! Heavenly Father loves us!
The Hernandez family is progressing! We had a noche de hogar with them and with Bishop and his family! It was great! They hadn't seen each other in a while, so it was awesome to see them catch up! The husband of the family, isn't a member, along with the 2 daughters and the brother, but they're on their way to baptism! We love their family and can see them all in white already. Please, please, PLEASE pray for them! They're going to be such great members and a wonderful eternal family!
Russhine got her Temple Recommend yesterday! She was so excited. After church she looked for the bishop and told him she needed an interview. She said, "Quiero ir al templo!" Ha, ha. She passed and we can tell she's so excited. We're so excited! We're having a Houston 1 Ward Temple Night this coming Saturday and we're all going together! We're taking all our converts. We have about many converts in just this past month as a ward! It'll be really special. Today we also saw Russhine's husband at Walmart ... and he said he didn't know where she was ... so we went to the fitting room and had them page her ... ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. We found her. She was surprised to see us. It was hilarious! I love that woman. She has so much energy and is just always bouncing off the walls. She loves church. Yesterday, she thought about maybe leaving early after Sacrament Meeting because she had some homework to finish, but as soon as she stepped into the chapel, she said she was going to stay because that's where God needed her to be. SHE'S WONDERFUL and progressing so well.
We also taught Jorge this week. He's a new investigator. The elders were teaching him, but he said that since his father was never in the picture and that he wasn't the best role model, he seems to have trust issues with men. He says that because he has been with his mom all his life, he trusts women more. He kept canceling all the appointments he had with the elders, so we talked to President and got permission to teach him. After English class on Tuesday, we had a lesson with him and it was incredible! He asked the most amazing questions and really wanted to understand the Book of Mormon and why we have it. We committed him to read and he accepted. On Saturday after soccer, we went to dinner with him and his member friends and we talked about his questions which were, "Why is the book named after Mormon? Who was he?" So we based our lesson after that and he really understood it all. Well, the amazing thing is that yesterday he came to church. He usually does, but this time it was different. We could tell that he really internalized what the Spirit had taught him.
During fast and testimony meeting, Jorge bore his testimony. He mentioned that he didn't know if it was okay for non-members to do so, but he didn't mind because he felt that he needed to. He bore his testimony on a noche de hogar we taught a couple weeks ago on the Sabbath and the importance of keeping it holy. He said that before that lesson, he used to play soccer and hang out with friends and do all sorts of things that we shouldn't do on this sacred day. After the lesson, he said that his idea of the Sabbath changed and he feels much better being in church. He concluded his testimony with an "amen." Hermana Davis and I were so shocked but so happy for him! He's wonderful! A lot of members were shocked, too. It was awesome! He's progressing really well. We don't want to push baptism, but we know that after we teach the importance of it, he'll desire it for himself.
I cannot emphasize how grateful I am every day to be a missionary. It has truly changed my life and how grateful I am to have President Hall as my mission president. He's really helped me a lot. I love my Savior. More than I could ever put into words. I love the Book of Mormon. It's my favorite book! I love having the Savior's name on my lips ready at any moment to testify of His divinity and reality! I love my Heavenly Father. I have come to understand how prayer really is sacred communication between us and the Almighty Creator. I love the Sacrament and I cherish the opportunity I have each week to renew my covenants. I love the Sabbath and I love the sacredness of it and how God expects us to keep it holy. I LOVE seeing people come to know that there's a God who LOVES them infinitely and a Savior who has already taken the burden that they're bearing. I hope you all love these things too. It's the only intelligent thing to do!
We got a new apartment this week! We're so grateful. The Spirit is way more apparent and we feel a lot more in tune than in our old apartment. It was so dark and the area was so dangerous. The new apartment is really nice and the apartment workers are super friendly. Time to share the Gospel with them!
If you want my new address, please reach out to my parents. I need letters. Please send me love! (:


No comments:
Post a Comment