Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The House of The Lord

One more week as the Lord's servant. What could be better?


This week was awesome! Hermana Davis and I were basically on cloud 9 all week, but we always feel like that because Heavenly Father is so nice to us and our area. It's been so amazing to literally see miracles revealed right in front of us. I have such a testimony of God's Plan and how perfect it is if we just listen to the little promptings in our mind and heart from the Spirit. God will lead us perfectly.

We took Russhine to the temple this week. It was incredible. She has been doing family history this week with us and we could feel the Spirit of Elijah just illuminate her heart! She loves it! The only hard part is that most of her family wouldn't give her permission to do proxy baptisms for her relatives, so we started working through her husband's side. He's the closest living relative, so we needed to get his permission. Russhine was pretty nervous about asking thinking he would say no. Well, she left the room and I thought in my heart, "Heavenly Father, please help us to ask him for permission so we can save these souls." And immediately after that silent prayer, he walked over and sat right next to us! We explained what we were doing and we asked him for permission, and he said yes! Russhine came back and we told her he said yes and she was so shocked and so excited! 

Russhine then took her grandparents' names to the temple and she just loved doing the work for them. Inside the temple, she was so thoughtful and pondering all the things that she was seeing. We're so grateful that we were a part of that experience with her. She's magnificent and we know that she's going to continue strong after having the opportunity to enter the Lord's home. And she definitely felt that spiritual exhaustion after leaving the temple, too! We love her sooooo much. 

At the temple, I had the opportunity to take my Tia Conuelo's name to do her baptism and confirmation. It was incredible! I know that she's happy to have received the ordinances of salvation and I'm blessed to have provided that for her!

Jorge is doing really well. We actually invited him to the temple and told him to get there when we were done with baptisms and he showed up! He really liked it and he had a lot of questions about baptisms for the dead and why we do them. We explained and he seems so intrigued. We met with him again this week and he's still praying about an answer. He was at church on Sunday and he came to a baptism the sisters had right after. I could tell that he liked the baptism. After, we sat down and spoke about his questions and what he though (it was the first baptism he's seen in our church) and he didn't have too many questions. The more we spoke, the more he felt the Spirit and we invited him to set his own baptismal date. He was a little hesitant at first, but eventually, he set his date for March 27! He's nervous, but it was such a good step for him to set his own date! It's personal to him. It's not something that came from us! We're going to work so hard to prepare him for that day. He's really awesome. Such desire and diligence to find the answer. 

We taught two new families this week! The Lux family are non-members that live with a less-active we barely contacted. We set up a follow-up appointment with them and they were there! Hermano Lux told us that he had been waiting for our appointment all week. Before our appointment, he said that his cousin had invited him to go drinking but he decided not to because he knew we were coming to teach them. How cool is that!? So they said we could keep teaching them! Pray for them!

We also taught a couple who were given to us as a media referral and they're awesome! Both are really looking for the truth and they want something more to fill the emptiness in their life. We taught the Restoration yesterday and they said they will read and pray! 

Anyway, amazing week. So much more I could include, but I would go on forever! I love my Savior and I love being His missionary! It's the best decision I have ever made!
Enjoy your week! 

Sister Sánchez

Itzel!!

 Gina took us to lunch!


After-the-temple lunch.


Our investigator's practice head!

Russhine with her names!

I love Russhine!

Temple group!

Jorge visits the temple!

New shirts from Kiko!

No comments:

Post a Comment