Monday, February 22, 2016

Dulcemente Asado!

It was a good week! We remembered our purpose and we worked hard. 

Great news. I'm staying here in Houston 1 for my last transfer and I'll be here with Hermana Davis! I'm so happy and thankful for that. She's my best friend and we just work so well together. The Lord blessed us both by keeping us here! We also had 3 exchanges this week. Craziness!

Russhine got a calling yesterday. We have NO idea that was happening and I don't think she did either ... Hermano Samayoa, one of the counselors in the bishopric, approached us with her yesterday and let us know. Russhine seemed a little shocked but happy and then as he had her tell us the news, she started crying! Tears of joy. I remember when we were first teaching her. She was always so impressed with those that had callings because she always knew they had to be worthy to have one. We mentioned to her that one day she would be able to get one and I remember her always being so doubtful that she could ever be worthy enough. Well that's why she was crying, because she has changed. She has found God. Because she loves Him, she gets to serve Him! She was ecstatic! Young Women's counselor. She's going to be AWESOME. I kind of wish I could be a young woman again and be in her class! We're so happy for her. That woman is just on top of the world. 

We taught our two new investigators on Monday. Their names are Yamir and Jennifer and they're awesome! Definitely searchers of truth that just love God and you can really tell. We loved them so much the second we met them. They, unfortunately, weren't able to come to church, but we'll be going to see them next week. They're searching! Yamir is reading the Book of Mormon with Jennifer and they have a lot of questions! Pray for them! They're so good and would be such amazing members of the church.

We took the Lux family on a church tour this Thursday and they loved it! They weren't able to come to church yesterday because their car broke down, but they loved the church. We're hoping to see them more than once a week, so that we can really help their progression! They also came to play soccer with us on Saturday! Their daughter Leslie is the CUTEST. We asked her what she was going to wear when she gets baptized and she said "MY BIKINI!" Ha, ha, ha. Love them!

Jose is still going strong. He will be back in 2 weeks officially to stay and then we'll teach him a lot more! We're so excited!! 

Jorge is progressing a lot! We had 3 really good lessons with him this week and he has made the solid decision to be baptized! He wants obispo to baptize him. We aren't sure exactly what day, but we know that it's soon! He's reading and really praying to know when he needs to be baptized!

We learned about the phrase "dulcemente asado" this week! It means to be bold but loving. Ha, ha, ha, ha. I thought that was so funny! Just thought y'all would enjoy that! We definitely had some dulcemente asado experiences this week as we were street contacting!

The Lord is so good to let us serve Him. If we love Him, we'll serve Him. I've realized this week that I have a lot of weaknesses but I found comfort in this scripture in Ether 12:27, which said: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

If we're recognizing our weaknesses, it's because we're coming unto Christ, so find comfort in that. He loves us!

Love y'all!

Sister Sánchez

LOVE MY COMPA!

Exchanges without a car ... .



No comments:

Post a Comment