This area is so great. Every day that I'm biking, I just feel so strongly that this is where the Lord wanted to send me and I'm SO grateful that He did. I love my companion so much. We're so similar and we make the work fun.
Downtown Houston is white and ready to harvest! We've been seeing so many miracles lately and finding so many prepared people. It's a big difference because our Spanish-speaking brothers and sisters seem so willing to listen to us. They're always open to hearing about God. I haven't had one rejection while being here, so we have TONS of people to teach and no time to teach them, but I love it. It keeps us busy and keeps the work going.
We also taught our investigator, Reyna, from Cuba. She's so amazing. She lives alone with her new baby, Hadazza. She was a referral from a member in the ward and we taught her the Restoration on Sunday with some ward members and she accepted it all. She accepted baptism on the first lesson and she really wants to come to church. Since she got to the United States, she's been really sad because she hasn't been able to attend church and she knows it's something important, so she's excited to start attending and be baptized since it's something she has never been able to do. She's so cute. I love her so much. She's a single mother but has so much faith that the Lord will provide a way. Hispanics have so much faith. It blows me away by all the things they go through, but still know there's hope for better.
We've been playing soccer every Wednesday and Saturday and it's the BEST. It has opened so many hearts since we started. Our less-actives are coming and then we teach a lesson after and they come to church! We have also been meeting potential investigators who just come and join our games. Soccer is such a blessing! JOGA BONITO.
We got yelled at so many times this week. It was so funny. One guy yelled at us and told us to go back to school and to stop ditching, ha, ha, ha. I think it's so funny when they yell or even yell bad things because I know that God still loves them and it just motivates me to keep pedaling even though my thighs are BURNING. We were riding our bikes this week and we passed this young girl who yelled at us to come and talk to her ... so we turned around and introduced ourselves. She asked us what we were doing and we asked if we could visit her and her family to talk more about how families can be together forever and she said, "I have to go buy chips" and turned around and ran away! Like BOOKED it down the street. It was so funny. We were laughing so hard. It was the most random encounter! But through that, we met another potential, so it was a blessing. (:
Hna. Widdison and I have been doing high fives to celebrate and since we bike, we do it with our feet. "Dame Cinco," I love her so much. I encourage all of you to celebrate your successes!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY 3 FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. My beautiful sister Mackenzie, my loving chino Mario and my cute abuela Rosa Luz. I love you 3 so much and I miss you always. I hope that your day was amazing and that tomorrow is amazing for you Marito. I love you tons, tons, tons. Don't forget that.
I love this work. I'm so happy. Have an amazing week.
New Address:
9850 Meadowglen Ln. #207
Houston, TX 77042
No comments:
Post a Comment