Hello! I have some really exciting news this week! These past 7 days have been wonderful! So yes, I got transferred and I'm now in the Houston 1 Ward in the Houston Stake! My new companion is Hermana Widdison and she's so great. We're having so much fun! Also, our area is bike-only, so we don't have a car. It's the biggest blessing. I never realized how much cars inhibit us as missionaries to talk to people. On a bike, it's so easy. We teach so many lessons daily. I love it. It's also starting to cool off so I'm lucky that I didn't have to bike during the horrible Texas summers. #Blessings
On our adventure, we were specifically looking for apartment complexes and Hispanic people to talk to and we did find a lot of them. We talked to one young man named Jonathan. He was just so awesome. He was super humble and has had Mormon friends back in his country. He was familiar with us and the message we teach. He said he would be interested in learning more. It was so amazing! So yeah, that was a crazy day. We slept so well and were felt super productive. You just always feel productive on a bike. Ha, ha.
On Saturday, we were trying potential investigators with our Ward mission leader's daughter, Allison, and while we were biking to pick her up, a random woman stopped me and asked me who we were. She was an Arab and I explained to her our purpose and the message we bring and she was so happy. She told me that the first day she saw us and we rode by and said hello to her, she knew we were angels. She then asked me if she could take a picture of me with her son! She wanted to put it on Facebook! It was so cute. So we took a picture with her and then she said that she wanted her daughter to do what we do, so we got her address and we're going to send the elders over there. It was incredible!
Saturday night, our ward had a "fiesta de patrias" and that was so fun. There was SO much food from like 6 or 7 different countries (not Peru or Ecuador) unfortunately, but it was so fun. I met so many people and it was just so nice to be back speaking Spanish! I love these people too much.
Sunday night we taught our 18-year-old investigator, Karla, and she just stole my heart. I love her sooooo much. She's from El Salvador and she lives here with her boyfriend. Her dad is in California and she never talks to him. Her mom is in El Salvador and she doesn't talk to her either. She says she has no friends, but we reassured her many times that we are her friends. Her best friends (: We read the Book of Mormon with her (introduction, testimony of the 3 and 8 wittnesses and Joseph Smith's testimony) and it was POWERFUL. She kept saying "muy interesante." Ha, ha. I cried, the Spirit was so strong. She's coming to noche de hogar tonight and I'm PUMPED.
ALSO, we're starting soccer nights here! They didn't have any when I got here and I suggested that we do them because it could be a HUGE proselyting tool! So we're doing them Saturday nights!
I love it here. I really do. I miss Friendswood, but I know this is where the Lord needs me and I will work hard. I love my companion. We're having tons of fun riding around the city on our little bikes. The work is good. The mission is amazing.
Hasta la próxima,
HERMANA SANCHEZ
| We're in a bike-only area! |
| Viva México! |
| Bailes folklóricos! |
| Houston rain! |
| Fiesta de Patrias! |
| Proselyting with Allison! |
No comments:
Post a Comment