Yeah, you read that right. I'm training again! President Hall texted me on Sunday asking if that was okay and, of course, I told him yes. There were a lot of mixed emotions running through my head like the fact that I've been in Friendswood for 9 months now, but it's okay because I know it's the Lord's will.
Who knows if I'm ever going to go back to speaking Spanish, but it's not my will. During our trainers' meeting Monday morning, President Hall expressed to us that the Lord specifically chose all of us. He said that it was so clear to him. Then he asked all those that have trained before to raise their hands and everyone but about 3 rose their hands. He said he didn't even look at who had trained before, it was all on revelation. It was a really cool experience. Training is fun. I just love these new missionaries, or our new "babies" as we call them here.
So, MIRACLES. We had an AMAZING week. It was so fun. On Thursday, we went to the temple with John for his first time and we took Minor, too, for his second time. We had helped John previously to prepare two names to take, his mother and his father. He was baptized for his dad and had Sister Andersen get baptized for his mother. He was crying the whole time. It was so special! I've never felt the Spirit so strongly in my entire life. He was just mesmerized at the beauty of the Lord's house and the Spirit that's so evidently present there. It was and has been a huge part of his conversion process. It was amazing. I really can't explain it much in words, but it was truly the best day. He leaned over to me after we all had changed and he said, "when do I get to work here in the temple? I want to be here everyday." AHHH! I told him that a year from his baptismal date, I will come back and he can receive his endowments. He's really excited. It was the best feeling ever! No words really.
We also went on exchanges this week with the girls that I take care of as an STL. I went to their area with Sister Elliot and Sister Campbell her companion came to Friendswood with Sister Andersen. They have a bike area, so I was worried about that ... . We biked EVERYWHERE. It was so hard! I lost my shoe at one point and we had to turn back around. Ha, ha. I was just so tired at the end of the day and they live on the third floor so they have to carry their bikes up and down all the time! Man, I have a new found respect for bike areas! I love my car ... . I also went with Sister Elliot to their investigator Claudia's, house. She speaks VERY broken English and her native language is Portuguese. There are no Portuguese-speaking missionaries, so the sisters have to teach her. Sometimes, they have the hardest time understanding her, but when I went I was able to understand ALL of her Portuguese! I was so shocked! She didn't want to speak in English anymore so she spoke to me in Portuguese and I translated. Honestly, it was ALL the Spirit helping me translate. I could actually understand a majority of it. It was a miracle. She's awesome!
We had a baptism Monday evening, too! John is going to baptize his daughter, Savannah! And he blessed the Sacrament on Sunday in church! He's the best convert ever. The Spirit worked really hard on him and it all paid off! We also have a baptism on Aug. 1 for our investigator Jacob and then on Aug. 8, Fern is getting baptized! It was so incredible.
I'm so happy. SO SO HAPPY. I've never been so happy in my entire life. I love this work and I love Heavenly Father for pushing me to come out here! This week I've been studying about Alma and Amulek in the Book of Mormon. Man, I wish I could be like them! They were such awesome missionaries!
Such a good week. How are y'all?
Sister Sanchez
![]() |
| The Texas Houston LDS Temple. |

No comments:
Post a Comment