Monday, July 13, 2015

I'm The Savior's Investigator

Amazing week full of so many miracles! We were really busy, which is always the best. I loved it because we had FUN. We're always laughing and making the best of everyday. It's the best thing with my amazing companion. I'm so sad she's leaving in two weeks! She put her mission papers in last week so her call should be here soon! We got permission from new Mission President Aaron Tracy Hall to go to her home if they come while she's still my companion and watch her open her mission call! It's going to be a blast. We're so excited!

Yesterday at church John came up to us and set a secure date for his daughter's baptism!! She'll be officially baptized on her birthday, July 27! We're so happy and he's so excited to baptize her! We're also planning a date to take John to the temple this week and he's really excited for that, too! She's just progressing so well as a member now. He called us the other day, randomly and said, "Sisters, I just want to thank you so much for everything. I was just driving home thinking about how greateful I am for the church and for the membership I now have." It was so wonderful. He's so converted and just loves being a member! We're so pleased that he feels that way because this has been our goal for him for a long time now! He's incredible! I love them both so much and we're so thrilled for the day they'll be sealed. I'LL BE THERE! No doubt about it. 

Our other investigator, Jacob, is progressing and doing so awesome. We have his date set for July 25 and he seems to be really okay with that. We're so excited. He has been so ready since our first lesson. His curiosity has let the Spirit really teach him a lot and we don't have many lessons left, so he's close!! It's so awesome to see his testimony grow. He comes to church every Sunday even though he comes alone! He has such courage. I wouldn't want to go to church by myself, but he's so willing. He has a lot of church friends that he has met and they sit with him. We always sit with him, too. He's just so great and we're so excited for him!

Sister Andersen and I had another AMAZING experience this week. We have been teaching two less-active members and one of their husbands. We had THE MOST AWESOME lesson with them the other day. The Spirit was so strong so we invited them all to come to church. They seemed a little hesitant since it had been years since they had attended, but we still invited them! So we ended up fasting because we really wanted them to come and guess what? One of them came! The other two were going to come, but his aunt had to go to hospital, but Brandon came! After years of not going to church, he came and everyone greeted him with warm arms and they got to catch up a lot. It was so wonderful. We went to his house later on that night to see how he enjoyed church and he said that he felt really good after it was over and knew he did something right. It was great. They're all on the right path. Please pray for them! We know they'll progress.

The Lord is seriously blessing us so much. We have four baptismal dates and five progressing investigators. We're constantly finding throughout the week. Sometimes I wonder why the Lord is so kind to us when we're always making mistakes, but I'm super grateful. I love this work SO MUCH. I just love visiting people and getting to know more and more of my brothers and sisters everyday. It's so fun! 

One thing that really hit me this week is why I came on a mission. Of course, there were various reasons for why I decided to serve and what I've learned is that the mission isn't only to find those who need the Gospel, but mainly, it's to convert ourselves. I'm the Savior's investigator right now. He's trying to teach me. Most of the time I'm listening, but sometimes I don't and I don't keep my commitments. I know that we're learning what the Savior feels as He tries to teach us daily in hopes that we'll continue to progress. Not exactly to baptism, but mainly to eternal life to live with Him again. I'm so grateful that He found me! He spoke to me when I asked Him and He's diligent and He keeps coming. I'm grateful for who I'm becoming. 

Texas is great. It's hot as ever, but I love it. This week I got a free antler! Souvenir!! 

Have an amazing week!

Sister Sanchez

Fourth of July potluck. 

President and Sister Hall arrive as President and Sister Ashton leave the Texas Houston South Mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment