Monday, August 3, 2015

The Amazing Sister McCleery!

This week was so great! We had so much to do in a very short amount of time, but I'm so excited to tell y'all all about it and how special it was to me.

First and foremost, Sister Andersen went home. My heart ached as I said goodbye to my sweet mini missionary. She made the biggest impact on my mission life in just 6 short weeks. I already know she's going to be one of my closest life long friends. I miss her already writing this, but I'll see her again.

BUT, I got my new missionary companion who just got here from the MTC! I went to pick her up on Wednesday at transfer meeting. Her name is Sister McCleery and she's from West Bountiful, Utah. She's amazing! For being brand new, she's definitely got this missionary thing down. Since day one she's been so eager to get to work and to start off strong. I love her for that. She's taught me a lot already and we're working hard to teach, teach, teach and work, work, work! It's been great. 

Monday we had Savannah's baptism and John baptized her. Her mom, who's a non-member, came to the baptism and Savannah was so happy! John was so happy! He was in tears and it was so amazing to see him exercise his Priesthood and baptize his daughter. I loved being able to be a small part in that experience. I just love this work so much! Bringing families together under the proper authority is unlike anything else.

Saturday Jacob was baptized and his parents came, also! They weren't exactly the happiest when Jacob told them he was going to be baptized in the Mormon faith, but they came and it turned out so great. His mom was in tears a majority of the ordinance and his dad was enjoying it, too. The baptism was packed, too! So after it was over, almost ALL of the ward greeted his parents! His mom also came to Sacrament Meeting on Sunday to see his confirmation. I'm so happy that she was there. It was hard for Jacob to move forward with his decision knowing that they weren't exactly "happy" with his choice, but he did it anyway and it's paying off. Thanks for all your prayers of faith!

Fern fractured her foot this weekend, so her baptism is going to have to be pushed a week back, but she's doing amazing! She came to church on Sunday EVEN WITH A FRACTURED FOOT and she loved it like usual. She also met with the bishop to got to know him and that went well. The Friendswood 2nd ward is seeing so many miracles. It's just incredible!

This week I'll be getting my wisdom teeth removed ... when I say pain, that's an understatement! Yesterday, our members fed us steak ... the good stuff and let's just say that I'm so grateful it's only severe pain on one side because there was no way I wasn't eating that steak ... ha, ha. 

It's been such a great week. We're doing well and the Lord is so good. This week I've been pondering about my mission and how I'm so grateful to be here. A lot of times I think that the Lord is so special to me because He specifically got me to serve. There are days when I look at my tag and just stop and think that I'm actually a missionary ... (even though I've been one for 10 months). It still surprises me that I'm here, sometimes, but I love it. I love my Savior so much. He's a huge part of who I am and I love this Gospel. 

Thanks for all your support and love! Talk to you next week!

Sister Sanchez


No comments:

Post a Comment