This week was BUSY, which always makes it a good one because it keeps us going when we have a lot to do. I love seeing people. Some days are harder than others, but this week we talked to so many and learned so much. You don't go a day on the mission without learning something valuable for life. It's pretty cool.
Well the Fourth of July was pretty fun for us! We went to our member's home who was having a pretty big party. They had a huge water slide and a volleyball court. It was super fun. We had to be home by curfew and that was sad because we didn't get to see any fireworks, but it was okay because we know we'll get the blessings for being home on time. Ha, ha. I really miss watching the fireworks up at school with the roommates, though! Those times were the best!
We met President Hall this week and it was so great. A lot of missionaries were nervous because of the possibility of many changes and different leadership tactics, etc, but President Hall hasn't really changed much. He's so great! It was such a pleasure getting to know him and his family. They all greeted us one by one and he had a funny video for us to watch called "Meet The Halls." Ha, ha. Have y'all seen it? It should be on the THSM Facebook page! We also had our missionary leadership council meeting with President Hall and it was a really spiritual experience. We learned a lot from him and it was great to see the small changes he has been inspired to make to the mission. We definitely needed him to get our work progressing. He's really focusing on planning and planning to succeed. It's been an awesome change for the mission. We love them so much!
Heavenly Father is blessing our area so much! We have an awesome new investigator who just showed up to church on Sunday and now we're teaching him. We invited him to be baptized on the 25th of this month and, at first, he was pretty hesitant because he knows his family wouldn't be too happy about it, but yesterday, we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he told us that he's been praying and reading daily and that he feels good about his date! He still has some concerns, but we read some scriptures and reassured him that the Lord will bless him as he does what the Spirit is prompting him to do. It's been so amazing! We're also teaching another investigator named Emilio and he's great. His wife is a less active who we're teaching as well, along with her brother Brandon who is a less active. We had a lesson with them the other night and it was awesome. They have so many great questions! Brandon told us that he's always known the church was true, he's just been rejecting it because he knows it comes with a life change, but we know he can do it. We're right there to help him. It's been such a big miracle. Man, I can never thank God enough because He always blesses us more. We're always in debt.
John got the Priesthood this Sunday along with his temple recommend. IT WAS THE BEST SUNDAY EVER. I was smiling from ear to ear. He's so excited to go to the temple and we set a date for his daughter Savannah to be baptized by him and they accepted! He's just so happy. A lot of people have been commenting on how they have never seen John so happy and I agree! The Spirit is just illuminating him. He's so wonderful. He was crying on Sunday because he told us that as a kid he always wanted to be a priest, but he knew he would never be able to. Then he left the Catholic church and FOR SURE knew he would never be able to become one.... and then on Sunday, he gets the Priesthood and gets ordained to the office of Priest. He was so happy because it's something he's always wanted! Isn't that so cool? I was so happy for him. We're planning to go to the temple soon!
We went to the temple today as a district and just had so much fun. I had about 3 questions in my mind as we entered the temple and left with all of them answered. My patriarchal blessing talks a lot about how I will grow to love the temple and the things that are done inside and I really do. I love the temple so much. When I get off my mission, I will be in the temple as often as I can.
This week I was touched by the scripture in Alma 26:27-28. Sometimes when life gets hard in general and we want to turn back, the Lord comforts us and allows us to do hard things.
"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success. And now behold, we have come and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world - not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God."
I love this work!
Have an amazing week.
| Happy Fourth of July! |
| Schott family, love them! |
| John got the priesthood and his temple recommend! |
| Corn rowed a members hair! SERVICE |
| Love Sister Andersen! |
| Temple jump! |
No comments:
Post a Comment