The week of April 6-12 was pretty crazy. We did so much. I've been so tired lately. One night, Sister Robinson and I were planning and we couldn't keep our eyes open. I said something and she replied with, "What did you say?" and I said, "What? I didn't say anything" ... but apparently I did? It was crazy and we were so delirious, so we went straight to bed. We've been working our tail ends off and it feels so great to know that our heart, might, mind, and strength are in this great and marvelous work.
On Wednesday, April 8, we did a "blitz" as a zone. A blitz is when the whole zone gets together and goes into one companionship's area and talks to everyone they see. It really helps specific areas get more people to teach! They did it in our area that week and we got 12 new investigators and we found 3 less-actives. It was awesome! We're so excited to go visit all of them and see how prepared they are! It was such a blessing!
On Thursday, April 9 we went to see our recent convert, Minor and his family. They've been having a little bit of a hard time, but I know they'll get out of it if they choose to rely on the Savior. We've been making sure that they're okay and checking on them here and there for anything they need. We were talking with Minor and his wife and out of nowhere, her daughter runs out and says, "Mom, I think it's on fire!!!"... they all started running inside, so we did, too ... and turns out that the oil their mom had heating on the stove, caught flame! It was so big! Their son, Tyler, grabbed the pan and threw it outside. We all laughed because it was pretty crazy, but it was all taken care of, ha, ha. Adrenaline rush! I love them so much!
Saturday, April 11 was really fun. Sister Robinson and I are trying to save miles, so we went biking and got rides from members. We rode our bikes around Friendswood, TX and we happened to be fasting the same day and as we were riding, Sister Robinson starts coughing ... so I looked back and said, "Are you okay?" and she says, "I swallowed a black bug! I think I just broke my fast!" It was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing, ha, ha, ha, ha. And gross, also. But it was pretty hysterical. After riding our bikes, we got a ride out to Alvin where we visited our investigators, Dan and another potential that we got from a media referral. We walked FOREVER to find her house and while walking, we came across a dog that WOULD NOT stop following us. We named him Eucalyptus, ha, ha. We went to see the referral and when we knocked, she started crying. She said she has been waiting for a miracle and that we were it! It was pretty crazy! She invited us in and we prayed with her. The dog never left the house, though! When we walked out, he was lying there waiting for us. It was protecting us! Coolest thing ever. We felt so special. I loved that experience. We have been having so much fun and the Lord has been blessing us a ton.
I've been so blessed to be here. We also saw a mission call opening and went to a farewell party and it was so amazing. I felt so grateful to be a full time representative of the Lord. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. It has been amazing. I love the Lord.
Sister Sanchez

No comments:
Post a Comment