On Monday after P-day, we went to try some referrals and we came across a young boy named Sebastian. He's 13 years old and TOTALLY open to listening and being taught. We ended up teaching him the Restoration and he really liked it! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he says, "When do I have to give this book back?" and we said, "You can keep it. It's yours!" He got so excited! He said that he's going to read it everyday. We also invited him to scouts on Wednesday and he said he would love to come. We picked the BEST fellowshippers for him, two 13-year-old boys who are so energetic and they have welcomed him like they've known him their whole lives! Sebastian loved scouts and also came to church on Sunday! He has a baptismal date for May 1 and we're so excited to see him take this step in his life. He knows he needs it also.
Lisa also came to church! She's the referral I talked about last week that said she had been waiting for God's "messengers" to come and see her! We invited her to come on Saturday night, brought the member along that was going to pick her up so they could meet. We were a little worried she wouldn't come, but she did and she really enjoyed it. We're going to extend a date to her this week! It should go well!
Another amazing thing that happened this week was that Jade has been reading and praying daily! She's going to be baptized this weekend! Her baptism has been put off WAY too long and it's happening this week! We're going to do EVERYTHING to make it happen!
We took Richard to the temple on Saturday! It was his very first time and he had the opportunity to baptize his father, so that was special. He also bore his testimony in an investigator devotional we had Sunday night and he did and amazing job!! I was also able to do some family names at the temple on Saturday and that was pretty special. Sister Robinson did her very FIRST family names and she was crying so much. It was an awesome experience for her. I just love her so much!
I've been really scared about going home. I know I have a while left, but still, as each day goes by, I get more scared. I love this work more than anything. I would do this forever if I could. I just want everyone back home to know how much we are ALL a part of hastening the work, not just the missionaries.
Members are called to find, missionaries are called to teach.
I am so glad that I still have a long time until I have to go back home. I love serving the Lord more than anything. It has truly changed me and is continuing to change me day by day. I'm so grateful for Adam and Eve! And I'm so grateful for the chance to learn and grow by being set apart from the world. There is truly nothing like it.
Love you all. Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment