Monday, February 2, 2015

Work Hard, Play Hard!



This week was so fun! We worked so hard and there were points when we were SO EXHAUSTED, but we just kept going. That's when you see all the miracles! It's been warming up in Texas! The weather is just like California, so I am definitely at home! But not for long, come March or April, the humidity will hit us! Not looking forward to that, but maybe Heavenly Father will bless us more for the suffering of the heat? You never know! 

We did a lot this week. My favorite was seeing our investigator named Richard come to a baptism the Friendswood 1st elders had and he enjoyed it. We talked to him about his baptism and asked him to bear his testimony. It was a simple testimony, but just as powerful. He said that to say this feels right, would be an understatement, but he said it just feels like it's exactly what he needs. He's progressing so well. We're set for his baptism on Feb. 14 at 2 p.m. We're so excited. He's so excited and he'll have the support at home because he lives with our other recent converts, Jon and Kim! Such a blessing. 

We definitely saw a huge miracle this week as we were riding our bikes. We dedicated two hours and two days to ride our bikes just to find people to teach. We rode around a bunch of neighborhoods and Heavenly Father blessed us to find about four prepared people who are willing to listen to our message! It was so awesome! We know that as we strive to talk to everyone we see, that Heavenly Father will place prepared people in our paths because he trusts that we will talk to them. We're so sore from so much bike riding, but it was so worth it!

We saw Susan this week, Brother Berkley's wife, and we dyed her hair! She wanted to get the gray hair out so we volunteered to come over and dye her hair an auburn brown color. She is seriously the nicest person ever and is always willing to let us in. We're hoping to continue teaching and seeing her at church. We can tell this is something she's interested in, so please pray for her and her husband! Please ask Heavenly Father for help so they will continue to progress.

Sister Millard and I have been having so much fun. Some of the most fun I have had my whole mission! We're always laughing and when we get too serious, we find something to laugh about so we snap out of it! The mission is to be enjoyed. Richard makes us laugh so much, he's hilarious. We were playing the piano the other day, and Richard comes in and starts dancing out of nowhere! He was dancing so much that he ended up falling over and we all just laughed together, ha, ha. Even at night when we're about to go to bed, we just talk about our day and all the funny things that happened and laugh about them. We never get too stressed because the work is hard, but it's more bearable when you laugh. 

We have a huge temple trip planned for this upcoming Saturday with all of our recent converts! Jon, Kim, Shevyn, and Brayden! It's going to be a blast. We're going with the youth and we're going to do baptisms. We're so excited to take Shevyn and Brayden for their first time! Woooooo! And anytime we get to go to the temple, we take full advantage of it! 

My talk went well, Dad. Really well! I spoke about Linda, and our baptism in Kemah, and I talked about you and Mom being converts. I also talked about the fear we feel to share the Gospel and then related that to the First Vision when Joseph was overcome by Satan but didn't give up and right when he felt like he was going to be doomed to utter destruction ... "I saw a pillar of light ... ." it was awesome. I felt so good after my talk and everyone told me they loved it! Some even asked for a copy ... and I really had nothing written down ... ha, ha, oops!! I'M SO PROUD of Mom! She's amazing and I'm happy that she now has something to keep her more occupied, although staying at home is a full-time job in and of itself. Ha, ha. How's it all working out? 

YESTERDAY at church, I was going to our Gospel Principles class with Sister Millard and a member ran over to us and said they needed us to speak Spanish for some people that didn't speak English ... I was like ... okay? I wonder who it is? Turns out, they JUST got here from PERU! One week ago and they're looking for the Spanish branch! Their son, Diego, is 20 and his English is great! He just got here, too, and will be attending the English ward because he wants to practice! I LOVED talking to them, their accent is TOTALLY Peruvian. They say "¿QuĂ© tal?" ha, ha, I haven't heard people here say that in a long time! It made me miss my Dad! And miss Peru! It was really awesome! Hermana Millard translated the Gospel Principles class for them. Her Spanish is so great and it's getting better everyday! 

Thanks for keeping our investigators in your prayers! They're all doing well and progressing how they should be. We achieved 46 baptisms as a mission in January. Not the goal of 60 that we were hoping to get, but it was still good. President said that he is really proud of us for all our hard work and that if we are even more exactly obedient, we can see even more miracles. We have a goal for 50 baptisms in February and 12 baptisms for our zone. Will y'all pray to help us achieve that goal? Thank you so much. I LOVE YOU ALL. Please, send me letters! I love to hear from y'all and see how you're doing.

WITH MUCHO LOVE,
Sister Sanchez

Sister Millard cut her tights so I could ride my bike and have something under my skirt!

Sunny days!

We dyed Susan's Hair!

Too much fun with my awesome companion!

Finding people on bikes!

MATAGORDA! 


No comments:

Post a Comment