Friday, February 13, 2015

Fishers of Men



This week has gone by so fast to the point where I have no idea what day was what day! Ha, ha. 

Richard is doing so well. He's such a huge blessing to us and he's ready for his baptism! He will be baptized this Saturday, Valentine's Day and his birthday at 2 p.m.! It's going to be a great day and then he'll receive the Holy Ghost the next Sunday. He's so involved in Young Single Adults (YSA) and church activities. It's great. He has come to all of them and he loves it a lot! We're so blessed to have found him through our recent converts. God works in mysterious ways, but it all works out so perfect in the end.

We went to the temple on Saturday with the youth! And we invited Shevyn, our recent convert, to come! It was her first time going to do baptisms for the dead and she was definitely nervous, but we calmed her down and explained things a little bit better to help her feel prepared. The whole experience was amazing. She was baptized for a close member of her family that she had been worried about since their death. She felt relief and after the baptisms, a member of the temple presidency came and spoke to us about the opportunity we just gave to those on the other side of the veil and how they will cherish and remember our names for the rest of their lives.

When we meet those we have done the work for at the temple, they will know EXACTLY who we are and they will thank us for saving them. It really hit home as I was listening to him saying that and I thought of my grandfather, Mario Hipólito Sánchez. I remember the day my little brother went and did his baptism in the Oakland Temple and I couldn't help but weep right after. I received the ultimate confirmation that he accepted the Gospel and I was overjoyed. I miss him so much, but I'm so thankful that he's happy. I'm grateful for the opportunity we have in Christ's Gospel to do work for the dead and to help them achieve the necessary ordinances to save them. We are saviors. 

I love being a missionary. Every time I think about it, I cry because it's the biggest blessing in my life. I feel like my life was saved because I decided to serve a mission. Not that I was going down the wrong path, or anything, but because I have been spiritually saved from decisions I would've previously made before the mission that were most likely not God's will. I feel changed and I KNOW, without a doubt, that the mission is the best place for me. It's hard, I'm tired, but who cares. It's not for me, it's for others. I feel that I have been placed here and it's a miracle to know that I'm serving a mission.

I fought the decision to serve a mission a lot before I came out because I didn't think it was for me, but to be honest, something I've realized is that the mission is FOR EVERYONE. Everyone needs to receive the blessings that come from serving the Lord and being a part of the greatest work there ever was. 

I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. They are my best friends.

P.S. I've been called as a Trainer and Sister Training Leader! Crazy stuff, but I know there's a reason for it. I'm excited for the stories we'll share together as trainer and trainee.

KEEP PUSHING THROUGH! You can do hard things!

Love you all,

Hermana Sanchez

CHIPOTLE!

Gina and Sister Millard!

Richard again!

Richard! He gets baptized this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment