Friday, February 20, 2015

I Love My Trainee!

Hello friends and family! How are y'all doing? I am doing so great, like overly great. I love the mission, the mission field, this calling, my trainee, EVERYTHING. The mission really allows you to learn how to love yourself, the Lord and others. It's the best thing in the world.

This week was pretty amazing. On Wednesday, Feb. 11 we had transfer meeting. I had to be there at 9 a.m. with all the other trainers that were going to be training this transfer. We got there and we entered the chapel and quietly studied until the new missionaries came in. President Brian K. Ashton, who leads our mission, conducted the meeting and we sang and prayed. Then he spoke a few words about being exactly obedient and how the Lord has picked out all of us trainers because he knows we're good, capable missionaries. Then after he spoke, he announced which missionaries would be with which trainers. My name was the first name called. "Sister Sanchez will be training Sister Robinson." I was so excited. I hugged her and we went into the Young Women's room to get to know each other. Turns out, she is from California! She's from the Central Valley town of Visalia. She actually worked as a nanny in San Jose for a year before her mission so she knows A LOT of the same people I do. It's pretty great and I feel right at home. She also went to BYU-I for a year, so we have that in common as well. It's been such a blessing to be her trainer! She's adjusting great and we laugh a lot, which is amazing. I can't wait to see what this transfer has in store for us!

Not to mention four days into her mission she had a baptism! Richard was baptized on Saturday, Feb. 14. It was really special to see him enter the waters of baptism and that his cousin, Jon, our recent convert, had the opportunity to baptize him! It was such a special moment to see all the progression those two have made and to feel the change that they will make in their near future. It was amazing! Bishop spoke at the baptism and shared an amazing spiritual thought about the validity of the Book of Mormon, which touched my heart and all the hearts of those listening. John Teate and Jade, two of our other investigators, came to the baptism and I could tell they thoroughly enjoyed it. Jade tuned to us and asked, "Can I be baptized tomorrow?" Ha, ha. She's 12! I told her she would have to wait a little longer but that it can happen soon! Her date is now set for Feb. 28! She's set on that date! We're being so blessed! 

The Lord is blessing us so much! We're working so hard and reaping the rewards of our efforts. The field is SO WHITE and we're so prepared to harvest it. I love this work! I love my Savior.

Funny story! As we were preparing the baptismal font, we found a GIGANTIC cockroach in the font! We both screamed! Ha, ha. It was so funny. I ended up catching it in a Ziploc bag and we named it Ricky. Ha, ha. It was so funny because we both almost peed our pants from the scare. We hate cockroaches!! Texas is the home of the big ones, too! AHHHHH.

Love you guys, WITH ALL MY HEART.

Sister Sanchez

Address: 2223 W. Bay Area Blvd.
Webster, TX. 77598 Apt #2213

Richard is baptized! 





My new companion is Sis. Robinson! 

My new companion and trainee is Sis. Robinson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment