Howdy y'all! Gosh, I get more Texan everyday! I love this place. We had such a good week. It was so great and I loved it so much! God is so good.
We did a lot with our recent converts this week. We took Shevyn with us to an Institute of Religion activity on Tuesday and we played volleyball. She LOVED it and we were laughing so hard. She is so great and is doing really well. She had a birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and we got permission to go celebrate with her! It was super fun and we had some good food and bread. Ha, ha. She is so great and is doing well in the Gospel. Her testimony is increasing every day and she is preparing to go to the temple and get her patriarchal blessing that we know will help her a ton!
Everyday is usually a blur on the mission, but yesterday, Sunday, will stand out to me forever. I wrote about three pages in my journal about it so I will never forget.
I was asked last week to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on proclaiming the Gospel, our second ward goal. I was so excited to speak on missionary work, because, DUH, I'm a missionary! I didn't prepare too much to talk about, I just thought I would share stories to relate the members to the work. Right before Sacrament started, I was sitting on the stand waiting for the time to start. I remember distinctly watching the doors to see if any of our investigators were going to show up.
We had committed Brother Berkley and his wife, Susan, our investigator to come to church on Saturday when we visited them. We showed up at their house at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday morning to make sure they were still coming! Terry opened the door and the first thing he said was, "We're not going." It was so discouraging and we told him that it was just an hour and he can do it for Heavenly Father. He told us he would do everything he could to make it. Most of the time when investigators say things like that, you know they're just saying it to get you off their porch, ha, ha. I remember getting in the car after and telling Sister Millard, "Okay, whether we believe they're coming or not, it's not up to us. It's Heavenly Father's will, so we're going to BELIEVE they're coming." We decided to have faith and believe 100 percent that they were coming and guess what ... ?
While I was sitting waiting for Sacrament to start, I saw the most beautiful thing that has ever caught my attention. Brother Berkley and his wife walking into Sacrament meeting. After 12 years of not going to church, he came. He came because we didn't go over there and just teach lessons. He came because we were his friends. He came because we showed them we loved them. He came because it was God's will. He came because we had faith.
I don't think I have ever smiled so much in my life. I was so happy. I felt a happiness I have never felt before in my life. I felt a love for them that I have never before felt before. I want to do this for the rest of my life. I want to be a missionary forever.
Heavenly Father knows what we need. He knows who needs our help and who is prepared. All we did was have faith and we saw a miracle. It was unbelievable and I feel so grateful to have been a part of it. So many other miracles happened yesterday, but that is the one that has left a mark on my heart. I love them so much!
Funny story. I gave my talk in Sacrament and it was great! I told a story that Mackenzie has been emailing me about, and I had mentioned that Mackenzie has talked to me about it. I told the ward what the email said. I began to speak into the microphone, quoting the email and said, "Cassidy, Linda's getting baptized this week!" YEAH. I told the WHOLE WARD my first name ... No one would let me live it down. They all kept calling me Cassidy! It was the weirdest thing of my life. I didn't even know I had a first name ... ha, ha. Then after I said my name, I corrected myself by saying "Sister Sanchez" and everyone laughed. It was great, but crazy. So hilarious and I made sure to write it down so I never forget. ONLY ME, right? Ha, ha.
Well, I love y'all. I love this Gospel and I love being a missionary. I am so glad that I still have 14 months!!!
Sister Sanchez
| Shevyn's birthday! |
| IRONIC? Joseph Smith was a prophet! |
| Brother Buckley and his wife! |
| Gina, she comes out with us all the time! |
| We washed a bus! |
| My missionary daily planner! |
| I bought this shirt and it was so funny! I though of Marito. Please show him! |
No comments:
Post a Comment