Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Godspeed!

Hellllllo!!! Another fantastic week in Texas. I love it more than ever and that love increases everyday. I am so happy to be a missionary, it's insane.

This week was great. It went by really fast because we had a lot going on as a mission this week, but those are always the weeks when we learn the most.

On Wednesday we had interviews with our mission president. My first interview on the mission! I was really nervous, but it was such a great experience to be able to sit one-on-one with President Ashton and talk with him. I asked him a couple of questions and he was able to help answer them to clarify some things for me. It was great. One thing that he told me is that I am doing a great job!

Naturally, as missionaries, we always feel like we aren't doing the best we can, when we are! At times, some people do need to be told that they aren't doing their best, but most of the time, if we're working hard and trying, the grace of Jesus Christ makes up the difference. He told me that we are doing so well and that he just wants us to keep doing what we're doing. It really boosted my confidence as a missionary to know that I am successful even when we don't have a baptism. It was really helpful. What a blessing it is to have a mission president that is so close to the Spirit and one who truly knows exactly what to say to help his missionaries. He is great.

The rest of our week was smooth. We worked really hard and were able to get two baptismal dates! One is a really strong date and the other is going to require a lot of effort on our part and on their part, but I know we can do it. I believe the Savior walks with us and is helping us every step of the way.

I don't have too much to update this week besides my testimony. I feel that this week was absolutely necessary for my salvation. My perspective has changed. I felt that the change of livestyle and dedication that life as a missionary requires was too hard for me. I found myself at times getting distracted by thoughts of home, or thoughts of school and friends. It was really holding me back until President Ashton asked us to put the biggest thing holding us back on the altar of sacrifice on Sunday. I did just that, and I have been working hard to keep it there. I feel like my idea of missionary life has changed dramatically. I have been having more fun, LOVING the work and being excited for all the time I have left on the mission.

You see, the mission only comes once and I will not allow this experience to pass by without letting it go THROUGH me and helping others as well. I am going to be the biggest convert on my mission and I already feel so changed. I woke up this morning at 2:30 a.m. and I was SO BUMMED that I had to go back to sleep because I really just wanted to go out and work!

This is the best thing I have ever done. It makes all the trials worth it. I know I need to be here. We are seeing so much success in our area and we are ready to see more! This week we have set a goal to TALK TO EVERYONE! And we're going to do just that! We're even going to ride our bikes to make sure it happens. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL so we're really excited. Hope all is well at home. I know the Lord loves you and you have amazing potential to come out on top. He wants us all back!!

Can you believe it's almost February? We might have someone come out with us for their mini mission! I am so excited! 

Godspeed.
Sister Sanchez





ME RIGHT NOW!

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see you growing and blossoming as a daughter in the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strong faith is spreading a positive and spiritual influence to people around you including me! Thank you for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete