Monday, January 5, 2015

Taking Over And Driving In Mud!

Hello family and friends! How is everyone doing?

This week has been a crazy whirlwind. I have officially taken over the area and I feel good about it now. At first, it was really hard and Satan was really working on me trying to make me feel inadequate and incompetent. But I have been able to overcome that with the help of my companion and Heavenly Father, so it's been good. Taking over an area is hard, especially as new as I am, but I know that the Lord trusts me to lead the work in the area and knows that I can do hard things. 

Sister Pace left home on Friday. We dropped her off at the Mission Office around 11 and it was really bittersweet. I felt so weird to send someone home, because I can't even imagine going home right now! There's too much work to be done! But Sister Pace was ready and knew that her 18 months were up. She was so good and we worked hard until the very end. I will miss her so much. She taught me a lot and I know our friendship will be lifelong. 

My new companion is Sister Millard from Idaho Falls, Idaho! She is a Spanish-speaking missionary also and she came out on the mission the SAME day I did, so we're brand new together! I know the Lord has A LOT of trust in us if he put two new people together! We have been having a lot of fun. She is just like me and she likes to have fun, which is something I NEED, especially with the crazy sister I grew up with (: I love her, and we're going to do good things this transfer!

New Year's wasn't New Year's at all, ha, ha. We had to come in early and then we just helped Sister Pace pack, but it's okay because every day in the mission is just another day.

As for our investigators, we saw the Dalys last night and taught them the first part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Brother Riley who came with us. They loved it, and Luther Daly is definitely progressing A TON. After our last lesson with him, he said that he wanted a "spiritual manifestation" from God. Then the next day, he turned on the radio and his FAVORITE speaker was talking about Mormons, it was so cool. He texted his wife right away and told her what happened. They're doing great, and I am confident that he will be baptized. He knows that it's something good!! They've been reading every night!! And he liked 3 Nephi 11 and had a bunch of Priesthood questions that Brother Riley answered! We also got two "news" in the past two days just from talking to people on the street. It's been great. We've been really blessed and we love this work.

I miss you all so much, but the mission is where I need to be and I know that for a fact. My testimony has grown so much and I can't see myself doing anything else. I want you all to set a new goal for 2015 that you will stick to. Think of all the things our Father in Heaven has given to us and think of something that you can give back to Him, okay?

Funny story! Yesterday, I was driving to park in the Dalys driveway, but I passed it so I made a u-turn and I ended up getting our car stuck pretty deep in the mud! It was so bad! Ha, ha, the wheels wouldn't even spin! We were completely stuck, so the Dalys had to pull us out with their truck. It was so funny and embarrassing! I will remember it forever! 

I love you all. Have an amazing week!

Hermana Sanchez

Me and Sista T!

We got our car stuck in the mud! HA, HA! 
Oops!

Sister Millard!

No comments:

Post a Comment