Monday, January 12, 2015

Follow The Voice!

I can't believe we are almost halfway through January! Mission time is like no other time. One day it's p-day, then it's p-day again! Where does the time go? 

We worked really hard this week! There were a lot of people and appointments that fell through, but I know it's because Heavenly Father was expecting us to rely on Him, rather than try and do things on our own. I testify of this principle because it happened to us one night. Our previous appointment fell through. I had racked my brain trying to think of people to see and I couldn't think of ANYONE. It was terrible. Then, and I was turning the car around, a little voice popped into my head saying, "If only you would say a prayer, then you would know exactly what to do." It was so cool, and I immediately recognized it as the Spirit. I told Hermana Millard that we needed to pray and ask, and she agreed. We pulled the car over and offered up a prayer. Right after the prayer, I suggested we go see a less-active member and see how she was doing. Hermana Millard agreed and we went on our way. As we were driving there, we passed Shevyn's street and I felt a hugh prompting to stop by.
 
I don't know if I have told you all, but we haven't seen Sheyvn, our recent convert, in a while. She has been really busy and we haven't seen her at church or anything like that. She hasn't answered our calls or texts, so it's been pretty hard on us, but the Spirit really wanted us to stop by even though we had stopped by previously that week about 4 times! I thought, "why again?" and then I knew not to question it, so we went. 

We passed Shevyn's house and her car was IN THE DRIVEWAY. Yeah, miracle. I remember stopping the car abruptly and saying, "OMGosh, this was totally led by Heavenly Father, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Ha, ha, ha, it was pretty funny. We called Shevyn, and she ANSWERED and let us in! It was so amazing! We talked and shared a message and we have seen her everyday, since. It was the biggest testament that this is Heavenly Father's work, not ours and we need to rely on Him more than anything. It was a really cool experience.

Richard, one of our recent converts' cousin, accepted a baptismal date and is doing really well. He says that whenever he prays to ask for an answer, the answer he gets is, "Why are you asking when you already know the answer?" Ha, ha, so he is doing good. He met a lot of people at the Young Single Adult fireside. We invited him to last night's and it has all been going so great.

It's been POURING rain here lately in Texas, but I love it. Our shoes are always wet, but I like to say it's all a part of the mission experience. (: 

We've been talking to a lot of random people on the streets lately, and that's been so fun. Some people give us the WEIRDEST looks, and others are nicer. It's pretty funny to see some reactions and to wonder if they think we're Jehovah's Witnesses. WE'RE NOT I PROMISE! 

Heavenly Father has been really stretching me lately, and has been making me get WAY out of my comfort zone, which is okay because I know that's the only way I will be the person He wants me to be. Thank you for all your support back at home, I hope everyone is doing well. I appreciate all the letters I receive, they help a lot and really make my day.

I will forever cherish my mission. It is the hardest thing I have ever loved doing. I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ. My testimony is built upon their foundation and I know it will never fall. 

Keep doing what you're doing. YOU can do hard things. I love y'all.

Sister Sanchez

Our zone!


Taco Bell!

Sister Millard's crazy thumb!

There was a rainbow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment