Monday, November 16, 2015

Went to The Zoo, The Book Is Blue, Bounty Hunters ... TWO!

Wow, this week was so great. It went by really fast, too! Time is flying people and it's scaring me how fast it's going. I'm clinging on to keep up! 

Monday we went to the zoo as a district. It was so fun! I was hesitant to spend $15 to see some animals and smell some .... not so good stuff, but I LOVED IT! I'm so happy that I went. Our district got a lot closer and we had so much fun there. Teaching the animals the Gospel, you know, because we're missionaries! It was a blast. Houston has so many fun places, especially because we're in downtown, so we just need to explore!

We saw Russhine this week. Unfortunately, she left to Guatemala for one month on Sunday and we're so sad we won't see her for that long, but she's progressing and she took her Book of Mormon with her to read in her down time. She's so cool. We also had a lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation and she was blown away at the idea of a "Spirit World." She said it all made sense and she was joking around with us saying if she didn't accept it here, she could accept it there ... ha, ha. NO RUSSHINE. She was kidding, but we had a good laugh. She's so full of energy. We love her so much. We also went over the other night to help her decorate her tree and we met a lot of her family who were all so intrigued at what we do and what we teach. That was a good "planting seeds" moment! There was another shooting at her complex, too. We got there one day and there was a CROWD of people near us and we had no idea why they were huddled together until later, one of the apartment mechanics, told us there had been a shooting ... #Houston. We're safe, though!

We also got REALLY Bible bashed this week by someone we went to teach named Rene. It was so crazy. But we bore powerful testimony and invited him to come to Christ. Those lessons are always hard, but we say what the Spirit tells us to and then we head out. No reason to argue, because then the Spirit leaves.

I had the most awesome exchange with Hna. Rivera this week. She's from Peru, so we got along GREAT. We actually ... cooked pescado frito for LUNCH! (sadly missing the yuca frita) I know, so Hispanic, but we loved it and we felt right at home. It was really fun. We talked with EVERYONE when we were on exchanges in my area. She's a new missionary, so that's something she wanted to work on, so we talked with everyone in our path! We found about 8 new potential people we can visit! It boosted her testimony a lot of talking to people on the streets and now she's more confident to do it. I love her so much! We both agreed we were going to ask our parents to send us Peruvian stuff and then we're going to have a feast. So exciting! While we were on our exchange, we had just finished teaching our member and we walked down to unlock our bikes. We started to ride away to our next appointment when two guys stopped us and said "GIRL MORMONS?" Ha, ha, ha, ha, yes. Some people ask us that. We started to talk with them and it was strange because one of the guys kept looking around to see behind me ... We started talking a little about the Gospel and he says "good, this is good for our cover." WHAT? I thought he was selling drugs! But no, they were actually TWO undercover bounty hunters! It was so crazy. They were looking for someone and we just happened to try to talk to them about the Gospel. Hna. Rivera and I rode off laughing so hard that we had met undercover cops. How cool is that!? AND that we tried to teach them the Gospel. Ha, ha, ha. It was so fun. We got a kick out of that one!

My tire popped on Saturday. My first one! It was so sad ... I could hear the air escaping. When you're on bikes and your tire pops, it ruins your whole day, ha, ha. But we luckily used the elders' car to go buy a new tire and got it all fixed up. It was one heck of an adventure!

I have studied a lot about prayer this week and how grateful I am to have the communication we do with the Creator of the Universe. I have been thinking a lot about my prayers and how sincere they are. Do I rush to get the prayer over with? Do I pour my heart out to the Lord? Am I praying for others more than for myself? Am I thanking more than asking? I really feel the Lord wants to talk to us so much. That's why He made prayer a commandment! I'm grateful for the opportunity to talk with my Father and to have the knowledge and belief that He will listen and reply. I invite you all to re-examine your prayers and see how you can make them better. 

I love you all. Have the best week! Teach someone about the Gospel. Heck, you might even meet some bounty hunters. (:

Con amor, 
Hermana Sanchez

Sister Sanchez








No comments:

Post a Comment