Monday, August 10, 2015

I Lost Some Wisdom

This week was great. A little slower than most, but still really good. 

Going along with my blog title, I got my wisdom teeth out this week! It was the craziest adventure ever. They started hurting me about two weeks ago. At first I just dealt with the pain because I figured they would stop bothering me eventually. But as time went on and I felt more and more pain. I decided I would see the dentist. After days of waiting to hear about an appointment, I finally got one and I went in. 

Due to insurance reasons, the dentist didn't put me "under" and didn't give me the "happy gas" either. I just got numbed up really well and they pulled them out! It was harder for them to do it, especially because the bottom tooth was a little impacted, but it worked out well and I am feeling better! President Hall, our mission president, gave me a blessing before the procedure and that helped a lot, too. 

Glad to say that I'm up working again. It was nice to rest for a couple of days, but I was so bored! I told myself, "If this is what life is like when I go home, I never want to go home!" But I know at home I would at least kept myself more occupied, ha. ha. 

Our investigator, Fern, is set for her baptism this Saturday! She fractured her foot, but it's healed now and she's really excited. Yesterday, at church, so many people were telling her how excited they were for her and how they'll be there for her big day. She's such a blessing to us. She's always absorbing everything we teach her and she's so willing to keep learning. I love her so much!

Also at church yesterday, John, our recent convert, taught the Gospel Principles' class! Isn't that so cool!? He got assigned to do it and did such a great job. I remember during the class just looking at him in awe at the change he's made. I remember around April when we had to stop teaching him because he wasn't progressing and now he's preparing to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and he's teaching others. It was really awesome. He volunteered to teach next week, too. AHH, so amazing. 

Anyways, we're seeing wonderful things. We just received two new potential investigators and we're going to stop by and see them this week. It's just great. 

Please pray for Minor and Nadine when you can. They just need a lot of guidance and help right now and I would really appreciate it. Love you guys tons! Have an fabulous week.

Funny Story:

We were shopping for food and Sister McCleery said we needed lettuce. So she went ahead and grabbed a different kind of lettuce that I had never seen before. When the cashier scanned it, it said "bok choy" on the monitor ... and I was confused but ignored it. Later we tried to eat it and it turned out to be Chinese cabbage! It was really bitter. So now we go around shouting "BOK CHOY" whenever something tastes bad, ha, ha.

Sister Sanchez


Horray for heat!

Keeping my 2 wisdom teeth! 

Post wisdom-teeth surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment