Hello once again! This week has been pretty interesting. But first and foremost, I'm feeling so much better. I took my boot off on Saturday because I was tired of walking around with it and I feel that I can walk without it. I feel free! And no one asks me anymore what happened, ha ha. I was supposed to get my stitches out on Tuesday, but I will be getting them out on Wednesday. I'm so excited! Finally time to feel normal again! Ha, ha.
So this week was pretty incredible. My favorite part about it was that we took Minor to the temple! It was his first time ever going to the temple and he LOVED it. We prepared him to baptize his late dad and his uncle and he was so touched. It was so awesome. When we walked out of the temple, Minor started crying and he just said "Wow"... He was so touched by the Spirit. He loved it and it definitely helped with his conversion. He's actually going to come with us to teach our new investigator tonight. We're so excited. He's PERFECT for this new investigator!
Speaking of him, his name is Armador. We found him while trying to visit our other investigator and she wasn't home, so while walking back to the car, we decided to stop by and talk with the neighbors who were outside and Armador invited us back. We ended up visiting him last Monday and when I say prepared, I MEAN PREPARED. He's so open and committed to doing this. It was so amazing. I've never met anyone more prepared on my mission. Him and his wife, BOTH. The Lord really blessed us by putting them into our path! We're so excited to see the progress they make!
We did a lot of service hours this week in Houston to continue with the flood effort. Sis. Robinson and myself completed 30 service hours while still proselyting in our area. We were so busy. Serving is so fun. On Saturday, we spent ALL day in Houston and we learned how to tear down dry wall! It was so great! If we had ANY anger at all, we took it out on the wall, ha. ha. The people we helped were so grateful to have our assistance. It was a great experience. Here are some videos of our service in the news!
http://abc13.com/weather/volunteers-work-to-help-storm-victims/755090/
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/meyerland-area-flood-victims-get-help-from-mormon-helping-hands/28437107/
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2015/06/03/meyerland-area-flood-victims-get-help-from-mormon-helping-hands/28437107/
This week was wonderful. I love to be here and I love all the experiences I'm having! Today there are two elders leaving their missions next week and we're all so sad. You really grow to appreciate every missionary serving and we all have the greatest friendships. It's sad to see people go, but we know that we'll be reunited again someday! The Lord is great.
I bore my testimony in church yesterday and it was incredible. I bore testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It has changed me and I cherish my mission.
Sister Sanchez
| Fake cop in Houston. |
No comments:
Post a Comment