I know there's something that I'm supposed to be learning from this injury, but I don't know what yet ... It will get better, though. The stitches come out June 9! I'm so excited to finally get this boot taken off! I've had so much support from our ward, though! So many people offering rides and making sure that we're okay, it's so nice of them. I'm praying that there's no infection and that the bruising goes away soon. I WANT TO WORK!
Because of my ankle injury I realized something really crucial that my companion pointed out to me. The night I cut my foot, we had a sister from Houston clean it out. First, she used peroxide, which didn't hurt at all, but then she cleaned the wound with alcohol. I remember laying on the ground and Sister Robinson was holding my hand. I had to cover my mouth to keep myself from screaming and I started to cry really hard. In that moment, I probably felt the worst pain I've ever felt in my whole life. It got us thinking about the Atonement.
We taught Gospel Principles' class Sunday, May 31 at church and the topic was repentance. Our main focus was on Jesus Christ and what he did to make it possible for us to repent. We talked about my incident and about how the most excruciating pain I've ever felt was NOTHING compared to what the Savior had to go through and that was a lot. I started to tear up feeling immense gratitude for Jesus Christ. I love him so much and I'm so thankful that through Him, I can become clean again. This mission has taught me so much, even if it comes from a wound.
Saturday, May 30, we went to Houston again to help out with the flood damage. There are over 4,000 homes that have been destroyed. It broke my heart to see all the families in deep sorrow because of their situation. One family we helped lost their daughter eight months ago in a car crash because of a drunk driver. They were on vacation putting flowers at her grave when the flood hit their home. It was so sad. We stayed there for about an hour helping them sort through things and clean up. I just wanted them to know so badly about the Plan of Salvation ... so I told the elders that work in that area to go back and teach them because if anyone needs the gospel, they do. It was a great experience, even though it was so sad. Please pray for all those who lost things in Houston. We're hoping to continue in a clean-up effort.
Minor, our recent convert, received the Aaronic Priesthood Sunday, May 31 and we'll be going to the temple with him this weekend to do baptisms for the dead. We're so excited. Every time we meet, he becomes more and more consecrated. The Lord blessed us a TON with him. We love him so much! We're also going to go with Shirley, a less-active that we reactivated to get her endowments this weekend! It's so exciting! So many wonderful things are happening here in Friendswood. I love this area. I LOVE MY MISSION!
We have a lot of potentials at the moment. We're now just trying to find the time to meet with them to help them progress. Please pray that they'll meet with us and that they'll come to church. I've realized that my mission is everything to me. I cannot even express in words of gratitude how eternally thankful I am to be here. It saved my life. It saved me. I'm a better person than I ever was before and I owe that to the mission. Yes, it's hard and things stink sometimes, but it all teaches me how to become like Jesus Christ. I feel sorrow, I feel despair, but I also feel happiness and strength. I'm a different person now because I served a mission and I have allowed the Atonement of Jesus Christ to change me. The mission will mean absolutely everything to me for the rest of my life and I'm so blessed to be called of God and to have the special mantle that only lasts a short amount of time. I know the changes I've made and I know that I will not let them go away. They're a part of who I am now. The mission has allowed me to experience a happiness that I will never be able to explain nor comprehend, but I know it's there. The mission saved me.
If you're considering a mission, SERVE.
No comments:
Post a Comment