Thursday, June 18, 2015

Friendswood Round 6 With A New Baby!

Hello!

So yes, you read that right ... we got transfer calls Sunday evening and President Ashton has asked me to train a new missionary again per request of the Lord. I was pretty shocked, to be honest, because I'm still learning so much myself, but I know that the Lord will provide a way as long as we're relying on Him in all things. I'm pretty excited also to help another missionary learn the ways of the Texas Houston South Mission and how to teach people. It'll be really fun.

I'm so sad to lose Sister Robinson. The friendship we have grown together has been so wonderful. I've never had such great comp-unity with anyone else! I love and cherish her so much and I know she'll do amazing things in her new area. It's just so hard saying goodbye, you know? I pray that she knows that she's capable. I love her so much.

We had a lot of miracles happen the week of June 8-15 and I cannot give enough gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all of it. First off, this past weekend was Stake Conference and we had a member of the 70, Elder William H. Stoddard, come to visit us. He focused a lot on missionary work and he had all the missionaries in the stake come and stand in the front. I WAS A PART OF THAT. How cool! I felt so extremely grateful that the Lord led me to serve a mission. I loved being up there knowing that I'm here to give my all and that I love this work. We also sang Called to Serve as the closing hymn and it was incredible. The Spirit was so strong. 

On Sunday, our new investigator Amador came to church and it was so awesome! Ever since we met him, he has been so eager to learn and improve his relationship with God. He committed to us that he was going to come to church and he did! It was so wonderful to see him walk through the doors with out recent convert, Minor, who's his fellowshipper. They click so well and it's a great support system. It was stake conference and, even though it was long, Amador seemed to really like it! He said he'll be coming next week for sure! 

While we were teaching Amador the other day, Minor was with us and we asked him if he would be willing to share his testimony and he said yes. He has a powerful testimony and when he bore it, I had to try very hard to hold in my tears. One thing he said will stay with me for the rest of my life. He said something along the lines of: "Amador, I have been investigating this church for 14 years. I have a past and I have done a lot of things that I'm not proud of and I was always pretty stubborn. I've had so many missionaries, but these two sisters were the only two that explained things to the point where they made sense. These two sisters were the only two that were able to bring me to the church." I was so shocked and speechless. I know it wasn't us, but the Spirit. I learned that day that, yes, we helped Minor, but we were merely just the instruments and the Spirit was the teacher. All credit to him ... but it did make me feel grateful to be a part of that conversion. The Lord is so good. 

Also, John Teate called us Saturday night and told us that he was coming to church, too! That was a huge miracle since we hadn't seen or talked to him for a while. He's so amazing. After conference, I took the responsibility to take him over and introduce him to our mission president. They hit it off super well and John told us late that night when we went by his house that he wants to be baptized before President Ashton leaves. How exciting is that?! We're so excited and ready to see the progress he's going to make. He has so much potential. We love him so much!

I love this work. I cannot express it enough. I love my Savior. I love my God. I love who I'm becoming and I love the changes I've made. I don't plan to ever be who I was. I love these people. I love revelation. I love trust. I love my companions. I love His plans more than my own.

Sister Sanchez

District photo!


Last lunch all together!


Take me out to the ball game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment