Well, I don't have too much to update this week, but we did have an awesome week!
On Saturday, we went to help our investigator Lisa move out of her house. We started the service at 11 a.m. and we ended around 3 p.m. We went home and crashed on the floor after that and woke up an hour later ready to keep poselyting. We were so exahusted and it doesn't help that Texas is getting warmer and warmer as the days continue! Lisa also came to church on Sunday, which was awesome. The hard part is that we don't know where she's moving yet, so we don't know if we'll continue to teach her, but for now, she's doing really well. We love her so much!
We also saw John this week and man, him and his daughter have my heart! They're the investigators that I will have a relationship with for the rest of my life. I honestly love them so much. John set a firm baptismal date with us for May 20 and he's so excited to be baptized. He also agreed to come out teaching with us, which is a first for me! Because he's still and investigator, he just needs to be baptized! He will soon, though. The Lord is working with him.
Happy news! I'll be staying in the Friendswood 2 area for another transfer with my amazing companion, Sister Robinson! We're so excited to continue the work we've been doing the past 2 transfers and the members are also really happy that we'll be staying together. It's going to be a wonderful next 6 weeks of hard work and miracles. I LOVE THIS WORK.
We get to Skype this Sunday for Mother's Day and I'm so excited to see my family members' faces!
Something funny! This week, Sister Robinson and I were trying to make rice for our lunch and we put it on the stove to boil. While it was cooking, I realized that I REALLY wanted an egg, (like my mom) to put over my rice and so I was determined to find an egg. We knocked on so many doors to find an egg, and FINALLY someone gave us 3 EGGS, it was such a tender mercy! So as we were walking back to the apartment, we heard a beeping and we RAN LIKE CHICKENS to our apartment and turns out, our rice was burning and there was SMOKE EVERYWHERE. So I did the most genius thing that my parents have taught me, I GRABBED THE NEAREST PILLOW and I fanned the smoke alarm as fast as I could! It stopped, thank goodness. Ha, ha. We started another pot of rice and burned that one, too. Ha, ha. We're failures, but we have so much fun!
What miracles have you seen this week? Remember, one happens EVERY DAY.
No comments:
Post a Comment