This week was great. We had a lot going on between transfers and exchanges, but it still went really well. The best part of the week was teaching and helping Lisa. She's the investigator we met a while ago. This week was the first time we actually taught her the Restoration and she loved it. We also touched a little bit on temples and eternal families and she lit up so much! She was so excited to one day enter the temple to seal herself to her family and provide them with the baptismal ordinance. It was a touching sight to see. She still needs to stop smoking and drinking, but we know with the grace of God, it can happen. She's wonderful. Please pray for her.
Another amazing thing this week was that I was able to Skype home! It was so great. To be honest, I was a little uneasy about doing it because I'm so focused on the work. Skyping our loved ones can sometimes take our minds off of all that things we're supposed to be doing, but it went really well! What a treasure it is to Skype our families three times throughout our whole missions. Now I only get to Skype one more time before I come home!
I appreciate the support I get from home. I'm sure you've all heard this before, but missions are the furthest thing from easy. In fact, missions are really hard and just knowing that your family and friends back home support you and pray for you makes the world of the difference. I'm so happy to have the family that I do and I love them unconditionally.
One funny thing that happened to Sister Robinson and I this week was that we found a DEAD RAT in Lisa's home while we were helping her clean! It was so nasty! Sister Robinson picked it up and, of course, WE TOOK PICTURES. Ha, ha. We have so much fun together. It's awesome. The Lord blessed me with one heck of a companion. Today we role played the Atonement, too, and she did so well. I love seeing how far she's come since being with her day 1. She's blooming and I thank my Heavenly Father that He trusted me enough to be a part of it.
One thing I learned while I was studying this week was from President Henry B. Eyring's talk this past General Conference.
"I know a man, a dear friend, whose mortal service in the vineyard ended last night at 11:00. He had been treated for cancer for years. During those years of treatment and of terrible pain and difficulty, he accepted a call to hold meetings with and be responsible for members in his ward whose children were gone from their homes; some were widows. His calling was to help them find comfort in sociality and gospel learning.
"When he got the final sobering prognosis that he had only a short time to live, his bishop was away for a business trip. Two days later, he sent a message to his bishop through his high priests group leader. He said this about his assignment: 'I understand the bishop is out of town, so I’m in action. I’m thinking of a meeting for our group next Monday. Two members can take us for a tour of the Conference Center. We could use some members to drive them and some Scouts to push wheelchairs. Depending upon who signs up, we may have enough oldsters to do it ourselves, but it would be good to know we have backup if needed. It could also be a good family night for the helpers to bring their families as well. Anyway let me know before I post the plan. … Thanks.”
"And then he surprised the bishop with a phone call. Without reference to his own condition or his valiant efforts in his assignment, he asked, “Bishop, is there anything I could do for you?” Only the Holy Ghost could have allowed him to feel the bishop’s load when his own load was so crushing. And only the Spirit could have made it possible for him to create a plan to serve his brothers and sisters with the same precision he used in planning Scouting events when he was young."
"When he got the final sobering prognosis that he had only a short time to live, his bishop was away for a business trip. Two days later, he sent a message to his bishop through his high priests group leader. He said this about his assignment: 'I understand the bishop is out of town, so I’m in action. I’m thinking of a meeting for our group next Monday. Two members can take us for a tour of the Conference Center. We could use some members to drive them and some Scouts to push wheelchairs. Depending upon who signs up, we may have enough oldsters to do it ourselves, but it would be good to know we have backup if needed. It could also be a good family night for the helpers to bring their families as well. Anyway let me know before I post the plan. … Thanks.”
"And then he surprised the bishop with a phone call. Without reference to his own condition or his valiant efforts in his assignment, he asked, “Bishop, is there anything I could do for you?” Only the Holy Ghost could have allowed him to feel the bishop’s load when his own load was so crushing. And only the Spirit could have made it possible for him to create a plan to serve his brothers and sisters with the same precision he used in planning Scouting events when he was young."
If we can all strive to be like that man, we'll be happier and bring more people to Jesus Christ.
May you all have a blessed week. Sending my love from my home, TEXAS.
No comments:
Post a Comment