We went to the temple on Tuesday and that was really amazing. First time going with Hermana Davis! It was unforgettable to spend my last time in the Houston Temple. A place I have come to adore! Hermana Davis has been called as a trainer! I knew that was going to happen. Ahh, I love her soooo much. Three transfers was not enough time with her. I wanted more! But I know that she's going to do so great in our sweet little area of H1 West. We love our bikes!
Jorge is doing so well. He just continues strong and we're so happy that he's a baptized member and that he'll be faithful!
Conference was incredible! Loved every minute of it. Our two new investigators, Karla and Jesus came to the morning session on Sunday with us! Our other investigator, Marina came also and we taught her a lesson after and she's SO READY! She accepted for May 1 and committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! Norma and Luis also came to conference on Saturday and they loved it. Norma kept sustaining every name called, ha, ha. She was supposed to be baptized yesterday, but she texted us that something had happened. We had to cancel the baptism. We still don't know what happened, but she'll be baptized this upcoming weekend! (: They also took us to a buffet on Saturday. It was so fun!
The mission for me has been the single greatest experience of my life. I've found myself. I remember in the beginning I hoped for all these changes and for a sense of accomplishment as I knew my family and friends would be proud of me. Well, that all changed when I learned and came to understand in my heart why I truly decided to serve a mission. First, I love my Savior. I love Him so much. The opportunity to serve Him was never a sacrifice for me because He has given me everything. I love Him because he listens and because He laid down His life so that I could live again. I came on a mission because I have the responsibility to rescue. We all do. We're the instruments the Lord uses to bring His children home. I started my mission with a verse of scripture found in Luke, which teaches us that we're called to bring the lost sheep home. We have to connect God's children back to Him. This is why I came, and this is what I'll go home to do.
I have a testimony of the Savior and His Atonement. I know that He lived, died, was resurrected and lives again. A beautiful being with healing in his wounds. I have a testimony of repentance and that it is real. The Savior's Atonement covers everything that we have done, are doing now and will do, on conditions of repentance. I know that because of Jesus Christ, we'll be saved, redeemed, healed and receive the grace necessary to enter the Father's presence. I love the Father and I've come to know Him personally through personal prayer. I know He's very much a part of who I am now. I love the scriptures and that I can hear God speaking to me through them.
Most of all, I LOVE God's children. All those I have come in contact with on my mission have a very special place in my heart. They have become who I am and have shaped me. I love those who I've been blessed to baptize and I love the Father for allowing me to have the experience I have. I love the bond that is formed between God's children as we change, overcome trials, trust in the Savior and pick ourselves back up.
I learned something really special this week from the Book of Mormon. In the book of Mosiah, we learn of a prophet of the Lord named Alma. He was teaching the people the doctrine of Christ and as he taught with the Spirit, there were many who became converted and desired to be baptized. Well, verse 16 really stood out to me. It says, "And after this manner he did baptize every one that went forth to the place of Mormon; and they were in number about two hundred and four souls; yeah, and they were baptized in the waters of Mormon, and were filled with the grace of God." Can you imagine the love that they have for the place they were baptized? The waters of Mormon because a special place to them, a place where they came to know their Savior and accepted His gospel and made eternal covenants. Houston Texas has become my waters of Mormon. This place is my home, my heart, my conversion. It has become the place that I'll always remember because here I came to know my Savior, I accepted His gospel with all my heart and I made eternal covenants.
I really don't know how to conclude this final email besides saying once again how much I truly love my Savior. I invite you all, at the close of my mission, to reach out and rescue the lost sheep. Don't just leave it to the full-time missionaries, you're missionaries, too! His perfect plan has your name written in it.
I love you all. Thank you for all your support. The badge comes off, but I'll always be a missionary!
--
Sister Sanchez






No comments:
Post a Comment