Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Can I Be a Missionary Forever?

This week was straight up, AMAZING.

I really have no words except for mounds of gratitude. The Lord is so good to us. We see it everyday, every where. He's always guiding us, protecting us and blessing us with countless miracles.

The biggest miracle this week was that ... JORGE WAS BAPTIZED! He's so awesome. We've been teaching him for a long time. In February he chose his baptismal date as March 27. It wasn't a very secure date, but he chose it, so we went with it and had faith. Well, since the time was approaching, we kept teaching him and he was doing really well. The hardest part was that he has family members who are really against the church, but he kept learning and coming to church. On Thursday, he got his interview and he passed! We saw him everyday last week and when Sunday arrived, he came to church, but we could really tell he was nervous and flustered. His baptism was after church at 4:30 with 2 other 8-year-olds. The church service ended and we went to find him and he was outside by his car on the phone. His family had called and they were telling him a lot of negative things but after it all, he hung up and came over to us and said he was going to do it. We told him that he could wait if he needed to be more sure, but he said, "Hermanas, if I don't do this now, I'll never know." And he did it! He got baptized. And it was the most spiritual baptism I've ever seen in my life. He entered the font and Obispo was there ready to baptize him. After he came out of the water, Jorge hugged Obispo and just started crying. So hard. He stood there hugging Bishop for a good 3 minutes. The room was completely silent. The Spirit was so strong. A lot of people were crying and Hermana Davis and I had no words. He's going to be an incredible member of the church. He received his Confirmation after and one of the elders blessed him and the blessing was amazing, too. He was so happy after. He told us that he'll never forget this day. We'll never forget it, either! SO WONDERFUL! We're soooo happy!

Carol, Brian and Carlos came to the church on Saturday. We invited them to our Church's General Women's Session of General Conference and they loved it. Carol was really listening intently. I could tell the boys were a little bored, so I gave them a paper and asked them what they want to do for God and Brian drew the First Vision on the paper. That was great! And Carlos drew Heavenly Father. We have high hopes for them to be baptized here pretty soon!

Norma is doing fantastic! Still on track to be baptized on the 10th! She's really feeling the need to continue to learn and to become a member. She has a powerful testimony of the Savior. Her member friends are REALLY helping her out. It's so cool to see it all unfold and her husband's heart is becoming so soft!

I was asked to bear my testimony in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and wow, that was hard for me. I really have no words to express the gratitude I have to my Father for allowing me to serve a mission. I was reading my patriarchal blessing this week and it's SO CLEAR that I needed to serve. I can't believe it's coming to an end, but I know that with the tag or without it, I'll always be a missionary. I shared my mission scripture that I chose before I came out. Luke 15: 4-6. "What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost." It was amazing to be able to remember the scripture I chose and how my mission definitely encompasses that scripture. We also did a musical number. I played and 3 other people sang and played the flute. It was so pretty!

Last night, Monday, we had a special noche de hogar for myself and Hermana Palmer. She's leaving a week after I am. Wilson, our ward mission leader, invited so many people and it was so special. We all sat around in a big circle and Hermana Davis and I shared a scripture and we sang a hymn. Norma and Luis came! Wilson then asked everyone to go around in a circle and to share some words with us. Man, it was so hard to keep those tears in! Everyone said the nicest things to me and I just love this ward so much. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye. They're all my family and I've built such valuable relationships with each one of them. Then Wilson asked us to share our testimonies and I really had nooooo words, but I bore my witness of the reality of the Savior and it was such a special moment for me. A night I will never forget. Then, of course, we had the traditional PASTELAZO! We got cake EVERYWHERE. It was so fun. And Norma and Luis bought me a whole plate of Chick-fil-A chicken. I didn't share ... ha, ha, ha, ha. I love these people SO MUCH!

Today we went to the temple and that was inspiring. I remembered that to come on a mission I went through the temple to receive my endowments, to receive the extra strength to serve and now before I go home, I went through the temple to be endowed with power again as I close this remarkable experience. It was an excellent session. I love the temple. I love the Gospel. 

It was an amazing week. This last week will be even better. Running to the finish with the Savior by my side. I love Him! 

Have a blessed week! Go find people to bring to Christ. 

Hermana Sánchez

 Soccer at the park!


Temple trip!

I love being a missionary! 

Temple trip! 

 Hermana Poa

 Breakfast with Norma.

Easter baskets!


Jorge's baptism!

Johanna and Abish!

Pastelazo!

I love Hermana Davis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment