This week was so good. I never get tired of saying that because every day is so good. We had some really awesome miracles this week. Hermana Davis and I realize that God guides our steps every single day! We have so many cool experiences that testify this to us. The other night, on the way to an appointment with an investigator at a member's home, we stopped and talked to this young kid named Angel. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read and come to church ... well he didn't come, but when we were on our way back from an appointment, we decided to try and look for him. While looking for him, we saw this guy on his stairs smoking a cigarette. I rode by and said hello, but as soon as I passed him, the Spirit told me to go back, so we whipped our bikes around and returned. He was walking down the stairs to get to us and we met at the bottom. He was really excited and so we started talking to him. He told us that he fled from Cuba and on his was to the United States, he crossed through Brazil for a couple of months. Some days before he began his journey again, he met 2 Mormon missionaries and they gave him some comfort and a Book of Mormon! He lost it but started reading while he was traveling. Anyway, he was really excited to meet us because he knew who we were and he knew God had placed us in his path. We went back on Monday and he was there waiting and anxious for our return appointment. We taught him the Restoration and it was no coincidence that his name is Jose and we taught about Jose Smith. He said, "Sisters, you don't have to tell me this is true because it already entered my heart. I know it's true." It was a really powerful lesson. He understood the apostasy and the Priesthood and everything! It was really cool. We're teaching him again on Friday. Please pray for him!
We also had an incredible lesson with Russhine. We invited her to the Samayoa's house (a member family) and they helped Russhine a lot. She accepted baptism for next Sunday. We're praying so hard that it goes through. We have already planned her baptism and announced it in church. Now it's just up to her. Please pray for her because she's having some problems. Right before the baptism Satan works really hard and it's happening right now, so please pray hard! She's so ready. Loves the church, came to noche de hogar (family home evening) last night and already signed up for the Relief Society activity on Wednesday! We love her so much and want this for her so bad!
This week we biked in the pouring rain ... I fell into a big pot hole and got soaked. I thought you all would enjoy that!
ALSO, John Teate and Savannah, my converts in Friendswood, came to my Sacrament Meeting to surprise me! I cried so much. They're both so special to me! John gave Russhine a blessing because she's been having a hard time/ THAT WAS SO SPECIAL TO ME! I didn't even know John knew how to give blessings! He blessed her and it was powerful. Woah, God is so good. He told me that in his first blessing he almost ordained someone to the office of something, aha, ha, ha, ha. He has progressed so much in the Gospel. It blows me away every time. It was so nice to see them and to have him bless Russhine. I would have never thought that my convert would come to give my investigator a blessing. So cool.
My mini missionary Sister Andersen gave her farewell talk this Sunday! It was soooo amazing. The fact that I got to be with her for 6 weeks and now see her serve a mission is so amazing. She heads off to the MTC this Wednesday! Reno, Nevada, the best missionary is coming to you!
Great week. I'm so happy. I've never had this much happiness in my life. I love serving the Lord and I love serving His children.
Have an amazing week!
No comments:
Post a Comment