This week was amazing! It flew by so fast ... time flies when you're doing the work of the Lord. It's the best work in the world.
Okay, I just want to first start out talking about how much I love my companion. She's the best. We're just so unified on everything and working with faith and working hard! The Lord is blessing our area SO MUCH. We have so much to do and not enough time to do it all! That's our stress!! Ha, ha. It's been one of the best transfers of my mission. Hermana Davis is the best. I appreciate her so much and how much she loves the mission after only being here for 6 weeks! This week will be the last week of the transfer, so next week we'll have transfer meeting, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be staying together! Oh, and we were trying to write a good mission rap and the only thing we could come up with is "2016, it's gonna be fat." Like fat, full of GOOD things. (:
We got news this week that we'll be moving apartments! So we're hoping that we'll move somewhere more in the middle of our area because right now we're at the very bottom corner of our area!
Can I just say that Russhine is AMAZING! She's progressing a ton! This week we visited her and Dulce four times! And they loved every visit! We're so sad because Dulce went back home today, but she gave us her address so that we can let the missionaries know there about her so they can visit her and her family! We taught the Plan of Salvation this week along with the Word of Wisdom and the Restoration. They loved them all. Dulce cried while we taught the Plan of Salvation, but it was really good because she learned more about where her loved one went when she passed away and that she'll see them again. We could tell that Dulce was really comforted at that idea. Keep in mind that she's only 13, but she's so mature for her age. They both came to church on Sunday! Russhine's third Sunday in a row and she said "I will be there next week, too, because I need this." She told us yesterday that she always asks Heavenly Father after church "Is this where you want me?"... and she says that she can't argue because all she leaves feeling is peace and comfort. She's recognizing her answers! We love her so much. She has become one of my best friends! Dulce teared up as we said our last goodbyes. We're so grateful that for 2 weeks, we used the Gospel and the help of the Spirit to impact Dulce in a way that she'll remember for the rest of her life. She said the closing prayer and asked Heavenly Father that she would be able to join the church and her mom as well. It was incredible!!! Hermana Davis and I are on CLOUD 9! The Lord is incredible! We love this work!
Norma and her husband came to play soccer! That was a huge miracle! Luis hasn't played in 10 years! And so he played with us! At one point, I was going for the ball and so was he and it was muddy so we both fell, ha, ha, ha, ha. It was funny! I tripped with my investigator! But it gave him a great laugh, so hopefully it softened his heart a little bit! They were going to come to church yesterday, but they couldn't make it. We're hopeful for next Sunday! She committed to a baptismal date of Jan. 17! So please, please, please pray for her!
We met a new less-active this week who ... LIVES RIGHT ABOVE US. God's plan is so perfect. He hadn't been to church in a while and his records were in the English ward when he actually wanted to be Spanish! So he came to church yesterday AND bore his testimony in Sacrament. That was really cool.
Our other less-active, Hermana Perez came with her son! First time I have seen her in church since I got to this area! We worked really hard to get her to come and she totally recognized her need to come! And now we're teaching her son!
HUGE MIRACLES PEOPLE!
We had an amazing week. New Year's was so fun! We had to come in early at 7 p.m., so Hermana Davis and I planned a lot for our week. We had some sparkling cider and took some funny pictures with 2016 glasses!
2015 was a year I will ALWAYS remember. The whole year I was on the mission and I cannot believe that it has all gone by so quickly. I'm so eternally grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve my Savior. It's been the best year of my entire life! I love Him so much! 2016 will be a wonderful year!




No comments:
Post a Comment