This week was wonderful. We have great miracles that happened and the Lord blessed us to bear with patience our afflictions and to continue to push on. I'm so grateful for how aware I have become that the Lord is in my life and in the lives of others. It's pretty cool when you realize how perfect God's plan is and how special we are to our Heavenly Father.
This week we saw Russhine! She had left for Guatemala in November and she came back! So we invited her to the ward Christmas party on Saturday and she came! We asked the member who picked us up if we could pick her up, too, and she said yes. Well, turns out that the member is from the same tiny pueblo in Guatemala that Russhine is from! So incredible! Perfect plan, so perfect. Russhine LOVED the party and we gave her a church tour while we were there and she wants to keep coming! She came to church on Sunday and stayed all 3 hours with us and loved that, too. She's so cool. She said that the Lord really told her that she shouldn't just lean on Him when she needs something and she's really happy to be able to keep coming! We're excited to keep teaching her and are praying so hard that she'll be baptized when the time is right.
We have also been working with a less-active for a while now. His name is Melvin and towards the beginning he really wasn't interested in coming back to church or even changing for that matter. As we have kept working with him and with a lot of prayer and fasting, he's changed so much! He didn't feel like coming back because he's felt like he was already too far off the path and it reminded me of that last conference that said "it's never too late and it's never too early." Well, on Sunday, he received the Melchizedek Priesthood and he has a calling in the bishopric! SO COOL. He kept saying "gracias, gracias, gracias." None of it was us. It was all Heavenly Father!
We met our new investigator, Alicia, this week. SHE'S AMAZING! Doesn't know too much about the church, but she knows it's good and she wants more. Pray for her!
Bishop told us an awesome story in Sacrament Meeting yesterday that I thought I would share. He said he interviewed someone from Equatorial Guinea and he said that the Gospel isn't allowed in that country. He said that she gets to travel the United States 2 times a year because of her job and that's the only time she gets to take the Sacrament. Bishop asked her, "How do you stay so strong without the Sacrament?" And she said that she has all the church books so she keeps herself studying and on the right path. What a testimony. She only gets the sacrament 2 times a year ... do we realize HOW blessed we are to take it every week? Yesterday, as I took it, I walked with the Savior to Gethsemane. I'm so grateful for Him and I hope that we realize the gift we have of taking the Sacrament every week. Never lose sight of that.
I hope y'all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Lots of love from Texas :(
--
No comments:
Post a Comment