SOOOO ...
Amazing week. It was one of the best yet! Wednesday we had transfer meeting and I picked up my new companion fresh from the CCM! She arrived here from Mexico on Tuesday and I met her on Wednesday. And we basically have the SAME life. She's the middle child and has an older sister and a younger brother ... Her mom's name is SHEILA, crazy ... and we love sports. She's the best. Her name is Hermana Davis from Park City, Utah and I love her soooo much!
We have worked so hard these past couple of days and have been so exhausted, but it's been so fun! She's learning Spanish, so we speak it as often as we can. It's just been a blessed week and we already know we're going to have so much fun and see some amazing miracles in our area. I have been so blessed to have her. She's teaching me a lot. I'm so thankful. I just can't say it enough! I can see and feel the enthusiasm she has for the mission and her desire to work and love the people. She's also such a good sport with the language. Even though she has no idea what a lot of people are saying, she still loves them and does her best to reply!
We had some amazing miracles this week. First, Norma and her husband came to church! It was incredible. She hasn't come in a while, but we went to teach her on Thursday and we stressed the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy and the things we need to do. We asked her, "Norma, what are some blessings you need in your life right now?" She listed a few off and then we asked her, "How and when does God bless us?" She replied, "When we do what's right and keep the commandments." Then we continued to teach her that if she keeps the commandments and comes to church and reads her scriptures, the Lord will bless her with the things that He already knows she needs. And she came! She really wants to get baptized, but her husband told her that "you don't get baptized twice" ... so we're working on trying to find a time to teach him about the Priesthood so she can be baptized. I know it's going to make her so happy, and we want that for her, but there's an obstacle. With faith it'll happen, I know it. However the Lord does it, Norma will be baptized. She wants to go to the temple to do baptisms for her daughter who passed away, so that's our goal! We're excited! Please pray for her! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!
We also saw our recently returned member, Hermano Reyna, this week and he's now worthy! He was so excited to tell us! It was a process, but he finally can take the Sacrament and teach! He went up to bear his testimony in Sacrament and it was really special. He also got a calling to be the Young Men's first counselor! He's so excited. He's on fire! We're now teaching his kids hoping they'll take the step and be baptized!
The 2015 First Presidency's Christmas Devotional was amazing last night, don't you think? We went with a group of our members and it was really fun. We loved it and I especially loved how Elder Bednar told the Christmas story from the American continent! How special and blessed we are to have 2 Christmas stories that testify of Christ and who He is! I love reading Luke, chapter 2 with 3 Nephi, chapter 1 and putting myself in the shoes of the people in the America's who saw the star but didn't see the Savior. What faith they must have had! We're so blessed.
Have y'all checked out the church Christmas website? You should!
Share it on FB, Twitter, Insta, everything! Get the word out you member missionaries! You're a huge part of this work!
I love this time of year. I love the spirit and the happiness. It's so great. It's my favorite time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment