Minor got baptized this week! It was the most incredible baptism I have ever been at. I honestly felt the Spirit so strongly. The hardest part was that Minor's wife, Nadine (a member), didn't want to come to the baptism because she didn't feel like Minor was ready. She was crying and it was hard because we knew 100% that he was ready. He got interviewed for baptism on Thursday and passed with flying colors! But we still had the weight on our shoulders of him not being baptized because of his wife. Sister Robinson and I thought about it a lot and we decided that we were going to fast so that she would show up to his baptism. We did and it was hard, but guess what .... SHE CAME! She showed up with all their children and it was so special.
Minor is amazing. SO AMAZING. He was so ready, guys. Like more ready than anyone I have ever seen! After his baptism, he wanted to bear his testimony and we let him. One thing that he testified of was that he FELT the weight of his past sins lift off his shoulders and he said all this in tears. It was incredible. Literally the BEST DAY EVER. I couldn't stop smiling. He's now able to return to his Father and it's so wonderful to feel. THEN, his wife wanted to bear her testimony. She stood and told us that the only reason she wasn't going to come was because she was testing Minor to make sure that he was REALLY ready. She even told him before his baptism that he could still back out ... but he didn't and she cried saying that she has been waiting for this day for 14 years! WOW! She also thanked us as his missionaries for helping him take the steps to change his life. IT WAS INCREDIBLE.
THEN, we had another one of the biggest miracles this week! We were weekly planning and the Spirit told us that we needed to call John to check up on him. We called him and we were talking and planning on the next time we will be seeing him. We set it all up and then out of nowhere, he says, "Sisters, the Lord has really pressed upon my heart this week that I need to be baptized. I know how God talks to me and He has really been talking to me this week. I know this is something I need to do. I want to be able to defend the Book of Mormon like I defend the Bible." It was incredible! Thank you for all your prayers of faith. He's amazing and so ready! We extended for March 28 and we're praying that he'll be ready that day! He's seriously so wonderful. Him and his daughter. They will be such amazing members.
I fed birds this week in Galveston! I held bread up and they got it directly from my hands! It was awesome! I HAVE SO MUCH TEXAS PRIDE!
GOD IS SO GREAT. I love my mission with all of my heart.
We got transfer calls the morning of Monday, March 23 and I'll be STAYING IN FRIENDSWOOD with Sister Robinson! We're so excited. She's my best friend!
I love you all. WRITE ME!
Sister Sanchez
| Minor's baptism! |
| Asian buffet! It was so delicious! |
| Galveston Island! |
No comments:
Post a Comment