2018 could be described in many words, but I'll pick one.
GROWTH
That may be a word that a lot of people use to describe their year.... or every year for that matter, but this year I've really felt it.
The following images explain why I picked this word.
This year has been an ADVENTURE, so keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all time.
I'm not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
I'm not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
*shoutout to google photos for helping me remember*
1. Went back to visit my mission for New Years. The 18 months I spent in Houston, Texas will forever be my favorite.
2. Chopped my hair short and got highlights, both completely irrational decisions. Hated both the length and the color. Haha, oops!

5. Spent a MONTH in Europe with my backpack & friends!


3. Became the favorite aunt, AGAIN. It's no secret. AND I celebrated one year of best buddies with my sweet Becca!
4. Visited Zion National Park and decided it's in my top 10 favorite places in the world.
5. Spent a MONTH in Europe with my backpack & friends!
6. Presented research at BYU's MSE conference and the ASHA convention in Boston, MA. #kickedsomeasha

7. Licked the SALT FLATS. They say it's good luck??
8. Touched the top of the golden gate... yesssssss....
9. GOT SO SICK... like sicker than the time I had salmonella...
10. Went to Seattle!!
11. Fell in LOVE with ASL.
12. Got a tattoo.... hahahahah, it's fake loco.
13. And met some amazing people along the way....
"Our lives are like a chessboard, and the Lord moves us from one place to another -- if we are responsive to spiritual promptings. Looking back, we can see His hand in our lives... What may appear to be a random chance is, in fact, overseen by a loving Father in Heaven, who can number the hairs of every head." Elder Rasband
I didn't have a ton of goals to accomplish going into 2018. 2017 was a really hard year. After getting home from my mission and transferring to BYU, my life took a complete 180, but that's okay! I decided that in 2018, I just wanted to learn to live life better, enjoy the little moments that seem so insignificant, and to do something I've never done before, EUROPE!
Bruh, it was lit. *2018 LINGO*
In all seriousness.... it was a good time. Not only did I grow as a person, but I feel like my head is screwed on a lot tighter now and what I want for my life is clearer.
I'm so grateful for my blessings.
For 2019, I have three words I want to live by:
- Ritual
- Execute
- Value
1. Ritual. I feel like morning rituals and organization are so crucial to a good start to a good day, therefore, I have decided to plan my days out better. I want to start my mornings out with good scripture study and possibly... (I meaaaaan like take this next sentence with a grain of salt) the gym (haha, no really), always have my bed made, record my feelings that morning in a journal and continue the pattern throughout the year! I'm sure I will add to this as time goes on, but this is the goal for now!
2. Execute. I saw this word online and I loved it. I want to "push the button"... make something happen! This applies to my future career, learning ASL, any travel plans for 2019, church callings, ministering, etc! Take action. I want to plan my future out after I graduate so I know where i'm taking my next step. 2018 was wonderful, I learned so much, but at times I felt like I was being acted upon rather then acting. In 2019, I don't want to feel sluggish. I want to do something instead of just think about it, have the difficult conversations. (like if I want a diet coke, IMA GO GET ONE)
3. Value. I chose this word because sometimes I don't put enough value into things that REALLY matter to me. I tend to do things, just to do them, but I want to prioritize my time according to what I value most. I want to make sure those that matter to me FEEL valued. I want to value my job, my blessings, my future, and my religion. And most of all... I want to value who I am more. That's a big one for me this year and 2018 set me off on the right track.
ANYWAYS. As if any of this matters to you, it matters to me. Just thought I'd share.
I really believe that we can be whomever we want to be. Speaking from experience, we let fear and the opinions of others limit the things we are capable of. That's why this year, I will drive to horseshoe bend one weekend just because I want to. I'll probably end up visiting Point Reyes National Seashore and NYC just because I want to. I may buy a ticket out of the country after I graduate just because I want to. I hope to go to a concert this year, the lantern festival, AND to camp outside... somewhere... all just because I want to!
It's all about what YOU want to do. So let's just go do it!
Cheers, 2019.























No comments:
Post a Comment