Thursday, August 24, 2017

My Three Little Sweets

Yes, sweets is what I like to call them. 


This summer it's been #threelittles or #threelittlesweets....

THEY'RE SO CUTE, I know.

Anyways, the back story. My wonderful aunt and uncle live about 30 min away from me in Utah and I was looking for a summer job. Not only did they offer me a position to watch their girls BUT this job came with the opportunity to see them all daily...

You had me at hello.
.....heartbeat.....

I took it. (took it in a heartbeat... hahahahah, get it?)

Job responsibilities included:
- Come to their home daily
- hangout with the girls/have fun

YES FOLKS, I was well qualified considering these three girls are my best friends and they bring out the inner 6 year old in me. Like that one time I was the only "adult" waiting in line for the frog hopper ride 5 times in a row. LOVED IT. Or that I became pretty good at spinning a fidget spinner on my nose and pretending I was a fairy in fairyland.

TALENT. *cue applause*

But in all seriousness... it was the best summer and everyday was spent doing something fun.

We started off by making a summer bucket list of all the things we wanted to do. We sat outside my apartment and got long pieces of paper and just started brainstorming away! We came up with so many ideas and I even started thinking "are we going to have enough time to do everything we want to?" Well we did as much as we could and enjoyed every single day!

Accomplishments:
*CUE MUSIC/GRAB A TISSUE*
- 7 peaks sun burn
- kool-aid hair dye
- library book check out/late fee (whoops, haha)
- killing the laser tag game at the fun center (team blue), and if you're Keaton, this means wearing all black to even further disguise yourself
- Lehi fun center
- finding out a sweet little sister will join them in January!
- becoming a pro at different hairstyles. Keaton either likes simple hairstyles which include ponytails or one braid in the back and never keeps her part OR she likes to try new things (see awesome hair below), Britain doesn't care, as long as it's smooth and has no bumps, Rowan has the most TENDER head, so I brush soft and usually put it in a ponytail, haha.


- learning that Nutella bread cannot be eaten for daily breakfast or that milk goes SO fast
- graham cracker cereal (WHAT, I know. Genius)
- museum visits


- how to manage a dog that's the same size as you
- how to chase down the same dog when he runs out the front door
- sidewalk chalk masterpieces
- saying "I Love You" always
- eating giant snow cones 
- disco skating
- aquatic centers
- WATER SLIDES
- cow appreciation day
- ihop hot chocolate is a hit hence the 3 milk moustaches
- puppy barn
- slumber parties
- launching ourselves off a half inflated air mattress
- using tape to change our face (picture below, you're welcome)
- Soccer games/soccer practices
- softball games
- morning cartoons
- star wars plays
- cherry picking
- creativity to change up daily lunch routines
- Zumba together in the living room or really wherever there is music
- PARKS ARE FUN
- splash pad
- dressing up American Girl Dolls

- nickel city

bumps/bruises/scratches but a whole lot of forever memories

It's been a blast. One of those summers where you feel the 'I NEEDED THIS' feeling.

I have felt nothing but love from these sweet girls as they greeted me by the door every day when I came in or consistently asked me "are you coming tomorrow?" There's something so special to be said about children. Christ taught, "Except ye be converted, and become as a little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as a little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." I really believe that. They're so loving, non judgmental, want to serve you and make you happy. They're pure, kind, and have the best imaginations.

SPEAKING OF IMAGINATIONS..
It's the best when I'm talking to the girls and they're playing and I tell them to do something and out of nowhere Keaton says, "Chelsea, can you please stop?"

HAHAHAHA, WHO'S CHELSEA. Beats me. Apparently I'm Chelsea? So I just replied "Okay Bianca" hahahahaha.

I never realized how much I was going to learn from being with them daily and how much it would impact my life. It was sure an adventure and a summer I will never forget. I'm very grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with the opportunity to spend all my days with my three little sweets! It's starting to hit me now that I wont have the blessing of seeing them every day and hearing their crazy fun requests to go do something together, or cleaning up after their spilled lunch and leftover PB&J crust. I wont be able to tell them to take just ONE more bite.... and after that just ONE more bite until it's all gone hahaha, or look into my rearview mirror everyday and see three of my favorite girls occupying my back seat asking me to play our summer jam..

2 Heads by Coleman

or hearing them beg me to jump into the pool with them.

But life if full of seasons, isn't that what they say? And this one has come and gone, but I cherish the 4 months of pure ADVENTURE with these girls! I have loved every single second and we have nothing but memories upon memories!

PLUS, i'm their cousin..... so they're stuck with me!




STAY TUNED. Summer 2k17 video coming soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment