There was one day when we were SUPER discouraged because it felt like nothing was going right. We kept wondering what we could do to make it better. My companion/trainer, Hermana Huntsman and I agreed that we should pray and repent. We have always been striving to be exactly obedient, but we figured there had to be something that we could repent of and show our Heavenly Father that we were willing to dedicate everything to the work.
We repented and justo despues, (just after) we had the idea to go see our investigator, Hermana Sanchez. When we arrived, she wasn't home, but her neighbor was and it was someone whom we had previously contacted on the street. He was happy to see us! "Hola, hermanas!" We ended up teaching him The Restoration and he LOVED it. I recited The First Vision to him and he replied with, "Wow.. Then we kept talking about God and the Church and I whispered to Hermana Hunstman, "ask him." AND SHE DID. She invited him to be baptized and she was tearing up. It was so sweet. She totally brought The Spirit, or the Holy Ghost, with her love and faith and he ... SAID YES. On the first appointment! It was such a miracle that Heavenly Father blessed us with. I love Him! He has such potential to be an amazing member of the Church! He also said he wouldn't schedule a follow-up appointment because he believes that Heavenly Father will lead us to him at the right time. So much pressure, but we're praying daily to know. We're certain we will find the right day. At this moment, we are planning on heading over there on Wednesday at 7 p.m. I feel so good with that day and time. We'll see how it goes!
We had a branch party on Saturday with the whole rama or branch of the Church. It was super fun. They made carne, arroz, salchichas (beef, rice, sausage), and lots more. My stomach was happy once again. AND Hermana Maritza, a recent convert, made us MORE carne asada yesterday. So we're set for dinner tonight. Such blessings! I met everyone in the branch and they're all so nice! It felt just like the old days in Rama Peralta back home when I was growing up! Everyone was so welcoming. They all ask me where my parents are from and are always happy to hear Peru and Ecuador! One investigator told me this week that I have a Peruvian accent! IT WAS THE BEST COMPLIMENT EVER!
None of our investigators came to Church, which was so terrible :( We were so sad, but they all should be there next week. We are both praying so hard for exceedingly great faith and we know we will be given it if we work hard and are obedient.
Hermana Huntsman and I literally laugh ALL THE TIME. This week, we were trying to do our best gringa accent in Spanish. She was laughing so hard when I said "Vaaaan a irr, a la igggglisia esti domiiiingo?" (Will you go to Church this Sunday?) It was so funny!! We also laugh really hard when we're tired at night, which is almost always. Ha, ha. I love her! We work so well together when we're teaching lessons. The Spirit is strong in our companionship and we always know and feel that we're together because of inspiration. She helps me and I help her. Together we want to baptize the WORLD.
I love you all so much! I miss you all, too. The work is wonderful. Being a missionary is awesome. Time is flying by and I know I will see you all so soon. The Church is so true and Heavenly Father is constantly watching over us. May you all strive to understand that He is in our lives. He is there.
D&C Section 6. Please read this chapter! It's amazing.
Until next week.
Lots of love,
Hermana Sanchez
| We made cookies for ALL our investigators. |
| Us with Ottoneil, a recent convert! |
| Missionary phone calls with Hermana Christensen! |
| A letter one of the girls in the branch gave me yesterday! |
No comments:
Post a Comment